Question Thoughts on aton q

Lnunezmesa

Hey guys!
I was wondering if any of you owns or have owned a cybex aton q. I'm thinking about getting a couple for my twins (coming soon) and I wanted to hear your thoughts on it. The good, the bad and the ugly stuff about it. I know all the features, but I want to know more how it does in the human day to day. I hear they are pretty heavy, but I don't know how much so and if that is a real deal breaker. Maybe the good aspects are worth it? I'd love to hear some insight.
Also, in addition to being twins, the Dr. tells me my babies are going to be extra small from the looks of things, (around 4-4.5lbs) so I think I'll prolly need an extra newborn insert, do I? And are they safe?
We have a 2004 chevy trailblazer, and a 2012 chevy traverse, will the seats work in those?
I'm open to all suggestions.
Thanks everyone!

ADS

Cnidaria

This article has some general thoughts on carseats for small infants, and suggestions of which seats should fit them well. http://carseatblog.com/9813/recomme...ing_wp_cron=1421946259.3453269004821777343750

A comment from back in 2012 says this: "I see this list was updated this year, is there a reason the Cybex Aton was not included? I’m curious because I own one and had a preemie sized child who fit in it perfectly. When we came home from the hospital, my daughter was 18 inches long, 5 lbs 8oz. The only adjustment I had to make to get a snug harness fit was remove the shoulder pad things. She stil fit snug the next day when we went to the pediatrician and she only weighed 5 lbs 3 oz which would have warranted the 2 hour testing prior to leaving the hospital had she weighed that the day before.
I realize all babies are shaped differently, I just think this seat might deserve a second look. I LOVE this seat, especially the fact that you can have most fronts seats almost all the way back when it is installed behind that seat!"

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would think the main concern with the fit on the Aton Q for a tiny baby would be the chest clip. The Aton seats have a huge chest clip -- on my 7lb newborn, it basically went all the way across her chest from shoulder to shoulder. That would be a concern to me with regard to an itty bitty -- I can imagine that it would position the straps too far apart...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC