Britax G4 anti-rebound bar (no more RF tethering)

Keeanh

I didn't see a thread about this yet. Apparently Barbara Baines has said that once testing is complete, Britax will be sending out anti-rebound bars to use instead of mandatory RF tethering, and that the bars will be included in new seats at that time. Does anyone have any more information about this?

ADS

Alison's Mom

Heard about this just today on Facebook - apparently no clear ETA, but Britax hoping for April. This would be great, meaning we can recommend them again!

YinzerMama

I had a britax with an ARB with my oldest - but back then I didn't know how awesome that was. I got the seat online in a close-out sale and ended up reselling it because the cover was so yucky. (It was a Galaxy and I wish I had kept it!)

Would love to see them make a comeback - with taller shells of course.

tiggercat

I still can't figure out how it will attach to existing seats without the need for modification, but kudos to Britax for making this happen. I wish they'd though about this before the whole manditory tethering debacle, but glad they are working on a fix now.

From what I understand, it will be optional so you can either tether aussie style, or use the ARB. I wonder if you could do both, how cool would that be!

amyd

Well, that's cool. I wish I could have waited but DD is about half an inch from outgrowing her bucket. I finally made a decision and bought a Foonf yesterday.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
There is no ETA at this point - April is not confirmed at all. It should be shipped automatically to G4 owners who have registered their seat. It would be nice if it was available to US owners too. I've also asked if it will be usable on G3s or any other generation.

I, too, am very curious as to how it might attach to the existing seat and how a parent would do that. I'm also looking forward to being able to recommend Britax G4s to parents and not have to worry about the tethering requirement!

smackeen

Looking at the seats the other day, the only spot 'we' could see it hooking would be on the front, there is a little dip with foam in it. When you move the foam, you can see metal bars.

That is about the only way I can see adding it to an existing seat.

featherhead

Well, this is an interesting development! I wonder if the ARB will add a bit of legroom, like it does for the Peg. I think I will still go with a Peg for my dd though.

biddyk8

I'd be very interested to see how they do this and hope it adds legroom aswell as removing the tethering. It would make Britax a big contender again, next lets see if we can get them to add the height for RFing

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I can confirm that Britax is working on an Anti-rebound bar accessory and anticipated availability is currently April, 2014, though this could be delayed depending upon supplies. The current plan is that these will be provided only to those consumers who request them by contacting Britax, once they are available. This is also subject to change.

U

Unregistered

Just spoke with Britax customer service who confirmed anti-rebound bar should be included with all new G4 car seats manufactured starting in June and for those purchased before that they will mail out an anti-rebound bar free of charge (keep your car seat receipt for this).

Keeks64

Just spoke with Britax customer service who confirmed anti-rebound bar should be included with all new G4 car seats manufactured starting in June and for those purchased before that they will mail out an anti-rebound bar free of charge (keep your car seat receipt for this).

Awesome! Thanks :) did they happen to mention how it will attach?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC