Question hey guys info needed :)

ryan27

Hey guys I am looking for information regarding child car seats I have a newborn a 2year old and a four year old I really don't want the mini van or touran s max zafira any of your normal 7 seaters I want something stylish like an audi a4 2003 Honda accord 2006 could I carry the kids safely and properly without having to buy the dreaded family wagon oh and I am Irish haha so I need cars available here :)

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
I'll bump this up for someone else to help with. You can get 3 seats across in a sedan, but it will take the right seats, and I'm not familiar with EU seats.

newyorkDOC

New Toyota Prius +
DH just looked at it. It's similar in style to he auris only slightly longer. Not sure on trunk space though...

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I just want to say that the Audi A4 is not going to be easy to get 3 car seats across in. I can only speak for North American seats, but in general the vehicle is not car seat friendly at all for a rear-facing infant/child seat. If you haven't already bought one, I would strongly advise against that being your choice to fit 3 seats across. The middle position isn't wide enough to support many car seats properly, and the shape of the outer seating positions makes getting a good fit difficult with at least a few seats. (Again, your mileage may vary with EU seats, but the width problem of the middle position is going to remain a problem even if you have a wide selection of seats that work in the outer positions.)

biddyk8

Mondeo is relatively 3 across friendly, c5, cmax also I have heard from people at home in Ireland have managed a 3 across in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC