Amazon.ca True Fits? Anyone know DOM?

Keeanh

Has anyone here ordered a True Fit from Amazon lately? Wondering what DOMs they have. Does anyone know when the True Fit was last made for Canada? I'm trying to help someone on a FB group.

Thanks!!

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
No, but when I do a search there are two that come up with two different dates - but I think that is when Amazon first began carrying it. If I was going to gamble I'd go with the Sticks & Stones cover because it has a May 2013 date. http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=true fit

ETA: I'm live chatting with Amazon right now to find out. If they're old maybe I can convince them to reduce the price!

ETA again: Amazon doesn't know and suggested I contact First Years, so I have. Will report back when I hear something.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The Sticks & Stones is much nicer then the Elegance. The inner fabric is higher quality. It's like Britax's Onyx they used to have on the Marathon. The striped fabric in the centre of Elegance is just like poplin cotton (and the infant insert too). Sticks & Stones will be easier to keep clean/wipe off.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Not surprisingly, First Years has no clue what the dates are on the stock that Amazon has :rolleyes:

They're also unable to tell me when they last produced seats for Canada. Really? Nobody knows when the last ones came off the line?

Amazon has opened a team inquiry and is looking into it. I suggested a pro-rated price reduction if the seats are old.

Keeanh

Yeah, I'm not sure what the point of a FB page is when every post says to phone customer service. Graco does the same thing. Surely they could go to the trouble of saying "X cover was manufactured Sept 2011 - Mar 2013, when the Canadian version was discontinued." or something to that effect. I dunno. That's what I would do if I was running the page. But maybe if you're too helpful, people might start posting too much? LOL For all the complaints we might have about Diono, I will give them credit for sticking their necks out and giving a lot of specific answers on their FB page.

ETA: Did you notice that 3rd party listing for a $600 True Fit? I pulled up the seller and they appear to be Canadian, at least. Too funny.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC