Design your dream carseat for fun

bnsnyde

I want to design a carseat for fun. Actually I'd love this seat if any company cares to make it. Frustrated with always trying to get my set-up as perfect as I can, I want a seat like this!

-It would be 3 across friendly and a FF only seat (there are enough good RF seats out there)
-20 inch top slots, high weight limit
-EPP foam covering every single inch of the shell (top, bottom, back)
-Giant headrest sides that stick out a bit longer than the Prosport
-Soft headwings lined with additional EPP foam within the headrest
-crumple-zone base
-inflatable seatbelts IN the harness (if this can be done)
-converts to booster
-sides that stick out, lined with insanely thick EPP foam
-optional, clip-on SICT-like system to be used when not doing 3 across
-non-toxic, eco-certified cover
-no heavy rigid latch as we can't ever use it anyway with our Honda latch limits. EASY seatbelt install.

What's your dream seat?

ADS
G

guest1

^ Ditto.

I want something with the rear-facing height limit of my Radian, with the ease of installation like my Complete Air but something that you don't have to fight with to get the straps tight enough.

penguingrooves

i'd prefer a self-driving car/people mover instead because i want an encased gyroscopic carseat which would take up so much space: ideal in safety, but not very practical.

hedgefun

^ Ditto.

I want something with the rear-facing height limit of my Radian, with the ease of installation like my Complete Air but something that you don't have to fight with to get the straps tight enough.

This, plus:
- Fits newborns well
- Converts to a good booster, and converts easily and quickly.
- Long expiration
- Variety of good cover choices

cookie123

Maybe a seat that could be height adjustable in the base so you could adjust it so kiddo could see out the window! Oh, it could be electric and then after you put the kid in while it's nice and low to the seat, you could elevate it so they could see out! I've noticed a lot of cars have the windows higher up or smaller or something now. Not just my Prius.

jeminijad

Any seat with no wierd rules, and a manual that does not need to be read closely. PLAIN language that undergoes as much testing as the seats do.

So no strange doublespeak that sounds like you may use it a certain way but really you may not, or only with children who are between 37 - 41lbs and exactly 40.34" tall.

Narrow, too. There is a lot of unecessary width in convertible seats.

tjham

Maybe a seat that could be height adjustable

I had always wished that the MA had a removable base like the Alpha Omega. I would have used it a lot longer if it had.

And I wish the Nautilus had a cupholder on both sides.

thtr4me

I really like my Boulevard, so would just take that seat and improve it.
- taller shell (but not so tall it won't fit RFing behind the driver seat with my DH driving)
- can RF with the headrest all the way up like the Graco Size4Me70
- better fit for newbies
- higher top slots
- removable SICT pads
- maybe bigger head wings?
- a bit of a deeper shell
- RFing tether
- super easy seatbelt install
- silly I know, but at least one integrated cupholder like the Frontier
- organic covers (organic cotton with wool as the flame retardant layer would be amazing)
- Flora cover
- covers that can be removed for cleaning without uninstalling the seat
- no head slump for FFing sleeping

Brianna

I'll start with a Foonf and modify the base so it's not so high up, but narrow like the MR base so boosters can be buckled next to it. I'd make the top slots 20" and give it some super cute fabrics. Maybe I'll add the new Chicco LATCH system to it. It will fit newborns, even preemies with a system similar to the Pria OR it will be able to recline more at newborn stage with a removable headrest like the TF. And.... drumroll please... it will be sold for $100 so that the masses can afford it- AND it will still be $100 in Canada!!!

amelia222

I'll start with a Foonf and modify the base so it's not so high up, but narrow like the MR base so boosters can be buckled next to it. I'd make the top slots 20" and give it some super cute fabrics. Maybe I'll add the new Chicco LATCH system to it. It will fit newborns, even preemies with a system similar to the Pria OR it will be able to recline more at newborn stage with a removable headrest like the TF. And.... drumroll please... it will be sold for $100 so that the masses can afford it- AND it will still be $100 in Canada!!!

:yeahthatlove:

And a sun cover to pull over the seat when the kid is not in it to stop the buckles and straps from getting burning hot. Something like the shade thing on the new Maxi Cosi infant seat but that pulls tight over the whole thing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC