Really, really impressed with Dorel

aept

I want to go buy something from Dorel. I don't need anything, but I want. I just bought a new seat. The older of my 2 nieces is 4 years, 2 months old and still fits rf in a graco clone, and will probably till age 5. The other niece is 19 months old and a peanut. I don't need that 50lb rf seat. It won't likely fit anywhere, but I want it so bad. Why don't I have any friends having a baby who I can get something for?

I know we aren't that close yet, but feel free to buy me a pria with tinyfit for my newb ;)

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
That's the Summit? I remember something on a base! I guess that's what's redesigned.

Yeah, really, really redesigned. If you google, the old one comes up first. I've seen the same seat as an Eddie Bauer at Target, I think, last year? The belt guides were obviously designed to pass IIHS testing standards for the lap belt. :dance:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oooh, summit looks much better- still not loving those shoulder belt guides but way less incompatible (I hope?)

Keeanh

If Dorel is reading here... the other seat that is totally missing from the market is a tall HBB that doesn't require headrest support and is NARROW. Like, maybe optional armrests or no armrests. Basically, someone needs to re-invent / re-release the old old Parkway.

melissa621

They could still stand to discontinue the Cosco high back booster, right?

Yea, I'd think with it having 14"-ish top slots and a minimum age of 2, how can they not discontinue it? That would be a realllllly short lifespan of usage for a ton of kids. Also, reading about the new side impact stuff coming up, I'd seriously have my doubts that it would pass. I could be totally off base though. I wouldn't feel comfortable having my son ride outboard in it though. At all.

lgenne

Yea, I'd think with it having 14"-ish top slots and a minimum age of 2, how can they not discontinue it? That would be a realllllly short lifespan of usage for a ton of kids. Also, reading about the new side impact stuff coming up, I'd seriously have my doubts that it would pass. I could be totally off base though. I wouldn't feel comfortable having my son ride outboard in it though. At all.

Technically, they said their *convertibles* would have a minimum FF age of 2, right? The high back doesn't qualify. I hope they don't try to use that loophole.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC