Opinions on the Safety 1st Advance 70 Air+?

momtoo3

Rear facing top slots upright install

Rear facing, lowest slots, upright install

Rear facing, lowest slots, most reclined position

ADS

momtoo3

A couple of the doll I was using to try the seat before dd was born it is probably equal to a preemie. The straps were above the shoulders on the lowest setting. I was just playing around.

Last edited:

purplemama

Thanks for all the pics!! Your sweet baby girl looks just like your DS3!!
I ordered a similar seat (it looks just the same but no metal bar on top, I have no clue what the difference is besides that :rolleyes:) so it was really nice to see pics before I get it to have an idea of how it'll fit.

momtoo3

It's a big seat for sure. Takes a lot of room both side to side and front to back. If you have the space it is awesome!

purplemama

I'll have the space width wise, I just have my 2 girls RF in my 3rd row. I can move up a captains chair if I need room front to back, I hardly ever have anyone ride there anyway.
I got this one, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IP8A9HI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com : Safety 1st Advance SE 65 Air+ Convertible Car Seat, Plumberry : Baby[/ame] it looks to be the same seat except for the metal bar thingy on top. I wish the flowers were on the seat instead of the insert I won't even be using!

momtoo3

I love that insert! If mine had a girly cover I think I would keep it, heck I'm thinking of keeping it now. I installed it in my van and tried dd in. I like it better than the MA65 G4 I bought for her this morning. I was going to use the MA65 G4 in my van and get an advocate click tight in limelight for dh's truck but now I'm second guessing myself.

Hazelandlucy

Is it possible for s seat to be too wide? My DD had so much room inside the seat - would that be too much side to side movement in a crash? Or does it not matter since her head is contained with those side wings?

momtoo3

Well I ended up selling it. I just don't think it would work in the winter when the boy I watch has to climb under it to get to his seat for preschool drop off and pick up. He would end up with wet knees and flip out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC