Boosters now?

Nimommyof2

Hi its been a while since I've looked into booster seats. I am looking to get a highback one for my dd who is just about 5.5yrs old she is quite thin just at the border of being 40lbs but she has gotten to tall for the radian so I would like to have her use a booster now. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated. Is the parkway the only one with the belt thing to prevent submaring? What about the headrest thing do they all need one or just the monterary one?

ADS

Alison's Mom

Hi there - as far as I know, the Parkway is the only one with the anti submarining clip.

Regarding boosters requiring head support, I found the below, but it's from Jan 2013, so double check with new ones or in case anything's changed.

Also, make sure she's actually consistently 40 pounds or over before she uses a booster. This weight can include clothing and shoes she will be wearing in the car. If she's still not 40 lbs, you might need to buy another harnessed seat with taller slots than the Radian. Sureride / Titan65 have taller slots by about 1.5inches, but don't convert to a booster. Nautilus and Frontier convert to booster - Frontier pricier but highest slots, Nautilus not that much higher than Radian.

http://vicarseattechs.com/2012/to-booster-or-not-to-booster/

High-back boosters that don’t require in-vehicle head support (anything not on this list does — and backless boosters ALWAYS require in-vehicle head support):
Clek Oobr, Graco Turbobooster, Britax Parkway SG, Britax Parkway SGL, First Years/Tomy Compass B570 Pathway, Evenflo BigKid AMP, most harnessed seats in booster mode (check manual for specifics).

Boosters that DO require in-vehicle head support up to at least the top of the child’s ears:
All Dorel (Safety 1st, Eddie Bauer, Cosco, Quinny, Schwinn) dedicated boosters, Diono/Sunshine Kids Monterey, all backless boosters

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC