Has anyone fit a Compass B510 in an airplane overhead bin?

kater-tot82

We are flying to Florida on Monday and I got a Compass B510 for DD to use in our rental car on the trip. Now that it's here I'm afraid it won't fit in the overhead bin which is how I wanted to use it! We are flying AirTran and I just wondered if anyone had ever managed to get one to fit. I'm going to be really bummed if it won't fit!!!
Please let me know if you ever were able to fit it in an overhead bin.
THANKS!

ADS

TnT's Mom

Hi....we have the original Compass B500 and have taken it, folded in it's carry bag (had to buy the bag separately) when we have travelled. We have carried it on and it has fit in the overhead compartments on some planes but on some of the smaller ones we did have to gate check it...but those are the size planes where they end up gate checking everyone's rollaboard luggage as well. I have never flown AirTran before though. Hope this is somewhat helpful.

kater-tot82

Thank you! I measured it yesterday and it seems like it will fit within AirTran's carry-on size limit in the bag...so hopefully we won't have any problems. Thanks for responding:)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I haven't traveled on AirTran with a Compass but did fly AirTran on vacation last summer with DD1. If it helps at all, the overhead compartment on AirTran's Boeing 717 planes seemed reasonably sized and swallowed up my stuffed to the gills backpack with a laptop, books, several days worth of clothes, toiletries and snacks just fine. DD1's similarly packed backpack also fit just fine in the same compartment as my backpack, and I didn't notice anyone who couldn't fit their wheeled pilot-case style carry-ons in the compartments, either. Mind you our flights weren't full, but I doubt you'll run into a fit issue for stowing the Compass. Florida sounds great now that snowy winter weather is in full force here. Bon voyage. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC