Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Forums Home | Mobile Site | Search | Carseat Blog | Carseat Basics | FAQ | Store | Support Us and Shop Amazon

Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Contact Us to Sponsor a Top Banner Ad!  

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Go Back   Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums > Community > Carseat Chat

Notices

Carseat Chat Introductions and Miscellaneous Child Passenger Safety Topics and Chat. Discuss Ratings, Laws, News, Etc. No Off-topic Discussions!

Carseat Chat is sponsored by Kids-N-Cribs.com

Old 07-19-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
UlrikeDG
Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus

UlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru Extraordinaire
Red face Sixty Clek pictures

I took a bunch of pictures to post with my Clek review. That was in May, and I still haven't finished writing my review. So, I thought maybe posting the pictures would motivate me to get writing.

Here they are.

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
Just click the symbol in the lower left-hand corner
of the post. Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe,
SPAM-free zone!

#ADS
Car-Seat.Org
Please Support Our Sponsors!

Car-Seat.Org is online  

RECARO Child Safety – Child restraints inspired by decades of safety in racing seat technology.

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:26 PM   #2
Stretchy Glue
CPS Technician

Stretchy Glue is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Stretchy Glue is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Stretchy Glue is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Stretchy Glue is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Stretchy Glue is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Stretchy Glue is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!
Re: Sixty Clek pictures

Thanks for the pics. Your children look remarkably like you.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:15 PM   #3
Mama!
CPS Fanatic

Mama! is almost a CPS know-it-allMama! is almost a CPS know-it-allMama! is almost a CPS know-it-allMama! is almost a CPS know-it-all

So is that a Clek Olli? And can I ask which DD is that in the seat?
Mama! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:20 PM   #4
wendytthomas
Moderator - CPST Instructor

wendytthomas is a CPS Guru Extraordinairewendytthomas is a CPS Guru Extraordinairewendytthomas is a CPS Guru Extraordinairewendytthomas is a CPS Guru Extraordinairewendytthomas is a CPS Guru Extraordinairewendytthomas is a CPS Guru Extraordinairewendytthomas is a CPS Guru Extraordinairewendytthomas is a CPS Guru Extraordinairewendytthomas is a CPS Guru Extraordinairewendytthomas is a CPS Guru Extraordinairewendytthomas is a CPS Guru Extraordinaire

Thanks. :-) I loved the progression of pictures with Nadia. From "yay, this is fun!" to "Are we done yet?" LOL

What does Roman think of the leg support? It seems non existent for older kids. Did he or Evalina mind it?

Wendy
in a 2011 BMW 535i, and my 2012 Mazda5

wendytthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:38 PM   #5
lovinwaves
CPS Advocate

lovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leader

Wow, I just realized how much rfing space that Roundabout takes up compared to the Marathon. Even at 45 degrees you get considerably more room for the driver's front seat. (unless you are really short, and your seat is really forward LOL)
And a new baby on the way
lovinwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:06 AM   #6
UlrikeDG

UlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireUlrikeDG is a CPS Guru Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama! View Post
So is that a Clek Olli? And can I ask which DD is that in the seat?
Yes, that's the Olli, and both Eva (8 years, 58 lb) and Nadia (5 years, 40 lb) are pictured, as is Roman (10 years, 56 lb, 55").

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendytthomas View Post
What does Roman think of the leg support? It seems non existent for older kids. Did he or Evalina mind it?
They both commented on how comfortable the seat is. I haven't used it on any long drives yet, but they don't seem to find the leg support to be an issue for short periods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinwaves View Post
Wow, I just realized how much rfing space that Roundabout takes up compared to the Marathon. Even at 45 degrees you get considerably more room for the driver's front seat. (unless you are really short, and your seat is really forward LOL)
I think the driver's seat is 1 or 2 "clicks" up from all the way back.

SPAM-free zone!
UlrikeDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:13 AM   #7
snowbird25ca
Moderator - CPST Instructor

snowbird25ca is a CPS Guru Extraordinairesnowbird25ca is a CPS Guru Extraordinairesnowbird25ca is a CPS Guru Extraordinairesnowbird25ca is a CPS Guru Extraordinairesnowbird25ca is a CPS Guru Extraordinairesnowbird25ca is a CPS Guru Extraordinairesnowbird25ca is a CPS Guru Extraordinairesnowbird25ca is a CPS Guru Extraordinairesnowbird25ca is a CPS Guru Extraordinairesnowbird25ca is a CPS Guru Extraordinairesnowbird25ca is a CPS Guru Extraordinaire

Wow, I'm really impressed with how low across the lap the lap belt portion sits. How does the booster adjust the way that the shoulder portion sits? One series of pictures seemed to show the different ways it could fit smaller and younger kids?

I love the pink camo. Thanks for sharing the pic's with us.

(Did I mention I'm really impressed? I recall seeing clek mention they're working on a high back booster? That being the case I bet it's what we end up with when we eventually move into booster land. I've been impressed with what I've read about their design process from what he's posted anyways, but seeing your kids in it made me really like it. )
Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2009 Astra depending on the day.

snowbird25ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:24 AM   #8
groovymom2000
Carseat Crazy

groovymom2000 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Authorgroovymom2000 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Authorgroovymom2000 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author

Thanks for those pictures!

Ulrike--those last shots, where the Clek is between the parkway and the MA(?)--did that work at all? Do you think that it would fit between a MA and a Radian? I have a very narrow center seat and I would love for the Clek to work(so I can justify buying one). Right now I do have a FP that I use backless, but the armrests are so low that it is really hard for us to buckle in a 3 across situation.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:38 AM   #9
joolsplus3
Admin - CPS Technician

joolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinaire

I used to love my Ashley Floral and Express seat combo

Thanks for all the great comparison pics! That center Honda belt either fits perfect or doesn't work at all, isn't it amazing what those inches moving up or down can do?
Groovymom, I've found the Olli armrests are so tall that they don't mesh well next to a Marathon/Roundabout (your FP sits under the flared side, right? These armrests push it out away from the Britax so there's no puzzling )
Old 07-20-2008, 11:17 AM   #10
UlrikeDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird25ca View Post
Wow, I'm really impressed with how low across the lap the lap belt portion sits. How does the booster adjust the way that the shoulder portion sits? One series of pictures seemed to show the different ways it could fit smaller and younger kids?
The Olli doesn't adjust the seatbelt at all, which is a problem in some seating positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovymom2000 View Post
Thanks for those pictures!

Ulrike--those last shots, where the Clek is between the parkway and the MA(?)--did that work at all? Do you think that it would fit between a MA and a Radian? I have a very narrow center seat and I would love for the Clek to work(so I can justify buying one). Right now I do have a FP that I use backless, but the armrests are so low that it is really hard for us to buckle in a 3 across situation.
The problem is in that seating position there is a plastic hinge at the seat bight (you can see it in some of the close ups), and that hinge is located right where the Olli's LATCH connector "wants" to slide into the seat bight. This pushes the Olli forward on that side, which keeps it from fitting between the MA and the PW. Also, the seatbelt for the center position ends up significantly under the booster, making it unusable even if it weren't twisted forward on one side.

It did seem to puzzle well with the MA (arms below/behind the rim), but I didn't have a child sit in it, so I don't know how comfortable (or not) it would be.

SPAM-free zone!
Old 07-20-2008, 11:32 AM   #11
joolsplus3
Admin - CPS Technician

joolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinaire

Maybe the MA sits a little higher than the RA so the armrest fits under it...?
Old 07-20-2008, 12:19 PM   #12
Momof4Girls
Carseat Crazy

Momof4Girls is almost a CPS know-it-allMomof4Girls is almost a CPS know-it-allMomof4Girls is almost a CPS know-it-all

Where are the Cleks manufactured?

Raechel
Momof4Girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:51 PM   #13
Kat_Momof3
CPS Advocate

Kat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
Maybe the MA sits a little higher than the RA so the armrest fits under it...?
If memory serves, the Marathon sits lower... which is why, if you see them on a store shelf, there doesn't seem much height difference.

Not positive, though.

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos
Kat_Momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:52 PM   #14
Kat_Momof3
CPS Advocate

Kat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org Leader

Ulrike - does your 2nd row have adjustable shoulderbelts? it looked like the shoulderbelt was not hitting quite right on the girls... if it is adjustable, like the ones in the 2nd row of my caravan, I think that would solve the problem, as you could lower it.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #15
Kat_Momof3
CPS Advocate

nevermind.. just went to page 2 and saw you showed it with the shoulderbelt at different heights.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #16
Kat_Momof3
CPS Advocate

what are the heights of your kids (torso heights, too, if possible, please!)

Old 07-20-2008, 04:33 PM   #17
joolsplus3
Admin - CPS Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_Momof3 View Post
If memory serves, the Marathon sits lower... which is why, if you see them on a store shelf, there doesn't seem much height difference.

Not positive, though.
I was just speculating, since the Olli does NOT fit under the side of my Roundabout.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:13 PM   #18
UlrikeDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
I was just speculating, since the Olli does NOT fit under the side of my Roundabout.
I'll have to try it in a different vehicle. The problem in the 3rd row of the Ody was unrelated to the armrests/Marathon interaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_Momof3 View Post
Ulrike - does your 2nd row have adjustable shoulderbelts? it looked like the shoulderbelt was not hitting quite right on the girls... if it is adjustable, like the ones in the 2nd row of my caravan, I think that would solve the problem, as you could lower it.
I don't think the seatbelt is too *high* in any of the pictures. The problem is, when I move the vehicle seat to the center, the belt falls too low, even when it's adjusted to its highest. The Parkway compensates for this, but there isn't anything I can do about it with the Clek.

SPAM-free zone!
Old 07-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #19
Kat_Momof3
CPS Advocate

I was referring to the two of your daughter using the Olli at the bottom of page 1 in the album.

(didn't want to be pasting or linking to pictures that are not mine)

Old 07-21-2008, 04:55 PM   #20
UlrikeDG

LOL It's quite alright to link my pictures in the thread I started about my pictures!

I think you're talking about this one, right?

The belt is right smack dab in the middle of her shoulder. It looks like textbook correct fit to me.

SPAM-free zone!

Support our Forums at Car-Seat.Org!