Radian Successful Install Thread

ADS

sunnymw

1997 Buick Regal
Rear facing, center, lap belt
Had to buckle, tighten the belt, twist the buckle stalk 1 full turn, tighten the belt a little while unbuckled, and then get in the seat to force the two ends together. Rock solid after that.

Will try more combos when I'm not 10 months pregnant ;)

ETA: not checked by a tech, just pictures here. None of the techs around here will call/email me back :(

Calideedle

'03 Jetta

Center and Outboard seatbelt install - very easy and super solid! Rear Facing (will try FFing this weekend)

Haven't tried LATCH yet.

elle7715

2008 Cobalt
RF - Rock solid using LATCH in all positions. Also very good installs on the outboard seats using the seatbelt. I have not tried a RF center seatbelt installation.
FF - I have very good installs on outboard seats using LATCH or seatbelt (only if car seat was not reclined). I have not tried a FF center install.

featherhead

2003 Pontiac Grand Am

FF, outboard driver's side, LATCH

So easy! I lowered the FF recline, and it was so solid!
I also got to experience the "magical slots". In the house my nephew was just over the third slots, but in the car, he grew about an inch!

1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette
(I see An Aurora already posted ... but...)

SUPERBLY EASY install RF, center bench, driver's outboard ... this seat has a STUPID!!! buckle receiver - non-movable/flexible - it's nearly impossible to install seats here - and this seat fits perfect!!!!

I've also installed it successfully and fairly easy (read-no broken nails, no massive tears or sweat)
FF center bench passenger, rear bench all positions (outboard is easier)
RF all positions

So I guess that makes it compatible :rolleyes: why couldn't I just say that? ;)

ETA: Seat belt install only - no latch available

Last edited:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
2006 Kia Optima, center rear, seatbelt and top tether. Female buckle stalk twisted 1.5 times. Reasonably easy installation and rock solid.

1998 Honda CRV -

Driver's Outboard - quick, easy, rock solid...forward facing
Center - do-able - twist buckle stalk twice, lots of jumping, pulling and growling :)...forward facing.

ETA: Seat belt installation - no latch available

ProudMomof5

1998 Ford Expedition

FF 3rd row both sides outboard w/lap shoulder belt and middle with adjustable lap belt.

RF 2nd row, middle with retractable locking lap belt.

Both rows are bench seats and they were not checked by a tech.

bubbaray

1997 Nissan Pathfinder
2nd row, driver's side outboard, FFg with seatbelts and TT.

2005 Honda Ody
2nd row captain's chair, passenger side, FFg with LATCH and TT. Will be switching this to a belt install as soon as DD#1 hits the magic 40lb mark.
Initially had problems with the LATCH install in the Ody b/c I had one of the first (Canadian) seats with a different back. Sunshine Kids replaced my seat and the new seat install/harness adjustment is fine. The backs/shells were changed.

Both verified by CPST. Using Safestop for both seats until 40lbs.

missinoh

'09 Dodge Journey

driver outboard 2nd row installed with seatbelt- rock solid with 2 people

Install was verified by a tech

'04 Pontiac Bonneville

driver outboard seatbelt install- rock solid very easy install with no extra hands needed :thumbsup:

Was not verified by a tech

Misty-Bug

2001 Mazda Protege

outboard passenger side, FFing with seatbelt. Not checked by a tech. Top FFing tethered also.

*note: I tried the LATCH but the adjusted buckle on the latch ended up going into the belt path and would have been right behind his kidney's so I opted for the belt. Much better install. Female end (stalk) twisted three times.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
FFing 2006 Honda Civic Si Coupe behind driver w/LATCH (removed headrest so seat would sit flush)

FFing 2005 Honda Civic sedan behind passenger w/LATCH (pushed headrest up)

Wendy

MOM25BOYS

I've been meaning to post this, but just now getting around to it.:eek:

2004 Ford Expedition with 3rd Row

I just want to say that these are great seats when you are trying to fit enough seats for 5 kiddo's in this vehicle. RF or FF they were realitively easy on both rows.

2nd Row

I can do just about any configuration with 3 Radians. Mixing them up and doing some FF and other RF was no trouble with the LATCH.

FF Radian with LATCH and top tether

RF Radian with LATCH
RF Radian with LATCH
RF Radian with LATCH

3rd Row

FF Radian with Lap/Shoulder Belt and No Tether
FF Radian with Lap/Shoulder Belt and Top Tether
FF Radian with Lap/Shoulder Belt and No Tether

RF Radian with Lap/Shoulder Belt

The 3rd row was more of a knuckle bruiser since there is no LATCH. The best way to get a rock solid install with the Lap/Shoulder belt was using Defrost( Debbie's) advice on buckling the seat belt, putting my weight in the seat, unbuckling the belt and let it click back a few notches on the locking mechanism before jumping up and down on the seat to get it to buckle back up.:p Worked like a charm and those suckers are not going anywhere!:thumbsup:

Not checked by a Tech, but all were independently rock solid.:)

Hope this helps someone in the future!:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC