Ever heard of Little passenger seats?

mom2pjs

Senior Community Member
I just saw a craigslist posting for "adding a 3rd row to your SUV" and read about this after market seat called "little passenger seats." Touted as a safe way to stuff too many kids in your SUV it looks really scary to me! The one for sale on craigslist has 3 lapbelts.
At least the new ones on the website have 2 shoulder belts...

The website says ...
"Yes, in most cases a child booster seat is not necessary with the little passenger seat as they are designed for children so the shoulder belt fits them correctly.

Child seats will not work with the single folding seat. "
http://www.littlepassengerseats.com/
WOW

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yeah, not safe....

They claim to be tested, but there's no NHTSA enforcement on them so they don't have any real safety standards to test to & be held to!

These seats go in an area of the vehicle that might be a crush zone, too :eek:

Lap belts speack for themselves (child becomes a clam shell in a crash risking serious/fatal injury) & considering the other dangerous cons I'm not willing to even want to know if kids pass the 5 Step Test in the lap/shoulder belts :rolleyes: :eek:

becca011906

Senior Community Member
In the small picutre on the home page it sure doesn't look to me like thoes kids pass the 5 point test since they're kness don't bend at the end of the seat...

jenny03

It would be a great idea if the seatbelts fit correctly and they were NHTSA tested. I think the part that bothers me most about it is the fact that they are installed by screwing them to the floorboard of your vehicle. In a bigger crash, I'd be afraid it would detach and go flying.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC