Question ~~baby #5 on way, Toyota sienna 2008

U

Unregistered

Hello, please help:

We have:

1. 8 , 6, 4, 2.5 year old. baby on way in two weeks.

2. Toyota Sienna 2008. currently: second row= 2 britax marathons FF 4,2 year old. Third row= 2 britax marathons ff for 8, 6.

3. all our kids are small, middle or lower corner of growth curve. We just learned of the RF for as long as possible law. We would like the end configuration with infant to have the 2 yo RF.

4. question: how to fit, what brand, 3 seats in back for the olders, OR, to have the 2 yo. RF with olders in third row?
Who should be in second row? we have the Graco snug ride safety carseat.

thanks in advance.

ADS

canadiangie

Hi,

First, do your 8 and 6 year still fit their Marathons? A forward facing seat is outgrown when:

1) the upper weight limit is reached

Or

2) the child's shoulders are above the top harness slots

Or

3) the tips of the child's ears are above the top of the seat

Whichever comes first.

Can you list the weights and heights of all of your children please.

And just to clarify, the Graco Snugride infant seat you have will expire 6 years after Date of Manufacture. Have you checked to make sure it's not expired?

U

Unregistered

hi and thank you!

1. all our kids are small. The 8 and 6 are way beneath their ht/wt limit so no they have not outgrown them the marathons.

2. Yes the snugride is OK. it's from 2008.

3. 8 yo= 45", 45lbs. 6 yo=43", 45lbs.

4. 4 yo=39", 36 lbs. 2 yo=25lbs, about 26" tall.

I hope this helps,than kyou so much for writing.

canadiangie

Hi,

I'm going to track someone down with more Sienna experience.

But for now, my first thought is that your newborn and 8yo should be in the 2nd row. I would likely consider a booster at his age, weight, and height.

The 3rd row would be your 6, 4, and 2yo. Your 6yo and 4yo may need Radians (forward facing), which may allow the Marathon to 'puzzle' ... but honestly I'm not sure. For some reason I think there might be a 3rd row / Radian incompatibility issue.

Off to see if more people will help with this..

kam1011

The '08 has tethers in the center and passenger side of the third row, but not drivers side. Plus the captains chairs. I would prioritize those for the 4 and 6yos.

U

Unregistered

hi!

1. I'm not sure what harnessed means. I don't prefer anything really, except that they stay safer, snugger, longer. So if that means harnessed then yes!

2. I"m open to all brands, all configurations. I just need help figuring out what brands and what order in 2nd and 3rd rows.

3. How about 3 radians across the 3rd row, and then the infant and a RF Marathon in 2nd? the marathons are not expired.

4. re: radians---what models are there, or is it just "any radian"? I think my water just broke/trickled and am going in for a check. So time is of the essnece, if anyone knows right off the bat--money is not an issue, we just literally need to go out and buy what we need and install them (we have the infant seat---and 4 marathons---we are ready to replace all of them or replace as needed with radians---which I know nothing about except that they are the most narrow brand).

thank you in advance, we are down to the wire;( ps we waited this long b/c we walk most places and were debating an SUV for a long time. and. time flies.

canadiangie

Oh my!

Okay..

3rd row driver: rear facing Radian for 2yo
3rd row middle: forward facing Marathon for 4yo, top tethered. If the Marathon is too wide, then a Graco MyRide should puzzle in there nicer. It appears wide, but the base is extremely narrow.
3rd row passenger: forward facing Radian for 6yo, top tethered

2nd row driver: Snugride for baby
2nd row passenger: Graco Nautilus for 8yo, top tethered. It's a 5 point harnessed seat that later converts to a booster. I'm sure he'd love a more 'big kid' seat that sits lower and is a little more upright compared to a Marathon. :)

Eta: you'll see there are three different models of Radian. Any are fine. You choose whichever you like -- or whatever fits your budget.

Good luck, mama!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC