2006 Suzuki Aerio

dragonfly8

Has anyone installed seats in this car?

4 door wagon, has some sort of middle shoulder belt thing (from the roof area at the back, you pull it down and feed it through a metal loop to make a lap belt into a shoulder belt I think), and three tether anchors. It has UAS (yay).

I need to fit a Frontier (in either harness or booster mode) and a FF Radian in it. I can also use a HBTB instead of either the RN or FN.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I've never installed either seat in the vehicle, but if it has UAS you should be fine with both the seats provided the headrests are removable.

I brought up some pictures of the car on a website and it looks like the headrests might angle a little forward - likely not an issue with the frontier, but potentially an issue with the Radian if the headrests can't be removed. However, if it's an issue with the Radian, it will also be an issue with a highback booster.

Buckle stalks look a bit long based on the way they sit, but not super long - if you did a seatbelt install of the Frontier I'd guess that the long belt path would be the best shot at a tight install.

Can you find out if the headrests are removable? Here's a link to the picture of the backseat to give you an idea of what you're looking at:

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/vehicle-pictures/2005/suzuki/aerio/2910-052-rear-seats-480.jpg

dragonfly8

We will have the car here tonight, so I'll check then for sure.

I also need to figure out if the center "shoulder belt" thing can be used with a car seat, but the fact that there is a tether anchor in all three positions would indicate they can. I've just never seen a seat belt (only in the middle) like this. I don't even really know what they're called...........so I'm not really helping!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Looks like a standard "mini-buckle" set-up to me. Pull it down and buckle the mini buckle to create a normal lap/shoulder belt.

The kind you originally described is a type of lap/shoulder belt that I've seen in Ford and Honda vehicles before. When installing a seat you use just the lap belt portion - it will have a locking latchplate. When an occupant is using the seatbelt, you have to pull the shoulder belt down and connect it to a point that is usually part of the latchplate of the lap belt. You have to tighten the lapbelt manually on the occupant, but it is functionally a lap/shoulder belt for occupants using the seatbelt. So the kind you described is a sub-type of a lap/shoulder belt. The one shown in the picture I linked is a normal lap/shoulder belt, you just have to connect the mini-buckle first.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC