Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Forums Home | Mobile Site | Search | Carseat Blog | Carseat Basics | FAQ | Store | Support Us and Shop Amazon

Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Contact Us to Sponsor a Top Banner Ad!  

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Go Back   Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums > Shopping > Car-Seat.org Sponsors > The Car Seat Poncho

Notices

The Car Seat Poncho The safe, easy way to keep your child warm in the car seat. Stylish, comfortable and convenient, it lets your car seat do its job!

Old 11-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
CarSeatPoncho
Senior Community Member

CarSeatPoncho is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice AuthorCarSeatPoncho is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author
Red face Thinking of buying an Etsy (or other) poncho?

If you purchased an Etsy (or other home-sewn) poncho for your child to wear in the car seat, and you are not happy with it,

Post your story with a picture and receive a COUPON CODE FOR $18 OFF!

The Car Seat Poncho is final result of many "trial and error" ponchos --which you'll never see!

I would try out one design on my son during the day, then re-work the design while he slept at night. I was obsessed with finding the perfect solution! When I finally got it right, I went to professional tailors, patternmakers and seamstresses to make it beautiful.
  • Every Car Seat Poncho is cut, sewn and inspected by experienced professionals who also produce for Motherhood Maternity, Rag & Bone, Pea in the Pod and other internationally known clothing brands. No Car Seat Poncho leaves the factory with a home-sewer's "oops."
  • Every Car Seat Poncho is made from premium weight, anti-pill fleece that is sold only to manufacturers. Fleece of this quality is not available from home sewers, at Walmart or Joannes.
Every child deserves to be safe, warm -- and cute!

THE RULES:
To qualify, the post to this thread must include:
  • Picture of the previously purchased poncho (with or without child)
  • Name of store or company that made/sold the poncho (no personal names, please), including whether it is an Etsy or Ebay store
  • Why you are dissatisfied with their product, and any other people's comments or reactions
  • Why you would rather have a Car Seat Poncho
Qualified participants will receive a PM from CarSeatPoncho with a coupon code for $18 off your purchase(s) from the Car Seat Poncho store. Offer applies to new purchases of regularly priced merchandise only. Unfortunately, coupons cannot be used on clearance merchandise. Orders may be placed online or via telephone. One coupon per household per lifetime. Purchaser is responsible for cost of shipping and handling. This offer is valid as of the date of this post and does not EVER expire!

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions! Thanks for reading!

www.CarSeatPoncho.com
Keeps children safe and warm -- without a hassle!

DEMONSTRATION OF COAT COMPRESSION (Video) ..... PONCHO COLORS MATCH YOUR CAR SEAT(Click)
Donna, CPST/Inventor, DS7 SK Monterey (Snug 22, EFT, Apex 65)

Last edited by CarSeatPoncho; 11-08-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
Sarina_MamaToAniras

Sarina_MamaToAniras has disabled reputation
Re: Thinking of buying an Etsy (or other) poncho?

Last year I was looking for a poncho that matched my daughters True Fit Premier as well as matched her likes/my likes (she was only 11 months). I turned to Etsy.com. I placed an alchemy request and had an unbelievable amount of responses. After many many many back & forth questions, pictures, designs, picking fabrics, etc I finally picked the winning bidder to make my poncho. I paid half up front (and the price of fleece,which was separate)and then was to pay the remainder when the poncho was shipped. Communication was great until the fleece was "ordered." Then communication completely stopped. I accepted the bid in the beginning of December - it was to be completed by Christmas. Long story short - I didn't receive the poncho until almost the end of January. As soon as I opened the poncho, I could tell it was not right. First of all, the woman (who I can't name - she does not have an etsy "store" or company - it's just her name) - asked me for my daughters measurements, which I provided. The poncho was HUGE. Also, the space between her chin and the top of the zipper was humongous. To the point that the zipper (which was the TOP of the poncho) did not even start until half way down my daughter's chest. How warm does that keep you? Not at all! My daughter couldn't even walk in it because the bottom was dragging along the ground (where did my measurements ever end up?!). Then the real kicker.. it wasn't straight. The hood made a point at the top, came down into the shoulders and was completely crooked. The zipper was not centered, at all. So it sat on my daughter and had probably 4 inches of exposed skin on one shoulder and then NONE and was even too close to her neck & digging in, on the other side. It was so bad, my sitter offered to try to "fix it." She had to use her seam ripper on one side and stitch up the other side just to make it stay on both of my daughter's shoulders. It was just absolutely awful. I learned my lesson & will NEVER do that again. My husband was absolutely infuriated - we spent good money on this piece of garbage. So he was not even about to be ok with spending anymore money - even on the "real thing" on the real website. Then I received an e-mail about this deal and JUMPED at the offer. I've given up on trying to match my daughter's seat and have just decided to go with something I know she'll love - the hot pink paisley. Thank you so much for this great opportunity! I wish I just gone with the one & only the first time!! I've inserted a few pics (as long as I did it right & they show up) of the poncho massacre, as we call it in our house! *And yes, this is the poncho, laying flat with the seams as "lined up" as I can get them!*

Sarina_MamaToAniras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
CarSeatPoncho
Senior Community Member

CarSeatPoncho is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice AuthorCarSeatPoncho is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author
Re: Thinking of buying an Etsy (or other) poncho?

bumpin'

www.CarSeatPoncho.com
Keeps children safe and warm -- without a hassle!

DEMONSTRATION OF COAT COMPRESSION (Video) ..... PONCHO COLORS MATCH YOUR CAR SEAT(Click)
Donna, CPST/Inventor, DS7 SK Monterey (Snug 22, EFT, Apex 65)

Tags
car seat poncho, coupon, ebay, etsy