Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Forums Home | Mobile Site | Search | Carseat Blog | Carseat Basics | FAQ | Store | Support Us and Shop Amazon

Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Contact Us to Sponsor a Top Banner Ad!  

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Go Back   Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums > Community > Carseat Chat

Notices

Carseat Chat Introductions and Miscellaneous Child Passenger Safety Topics and Chat. Discuss Ratings, Laws, News, Etc. No Off-topic Discussions!

Carseat Chat is sponsored by Kids-N-Cribs.com

Old 01-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
ginny4
CPS Fanatic

ginny4 is almost a CPS know-it-allginny4 is almost a CPS know-it-allginny4 is almost a CPS know-it-all
Autosafe belt adjuster

my van has wonky seatbelt geometry & fitting anyone outside of a harnessed seat is not so great shoulder belt fit. so it was recommended from folks on this board to get the autosafe seat belt adjuster : http://www.autosafeproducts.co.nz/

well i got it! its makes a PERFECTO shoulder belt fit IMO. i'm gonna buy another one!

Last edited by ginny4; 01-28-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Thank You from:

#ADS
Car-Seat.Org
Please Support Our Sponsors!

Car-Seat.Org is online  

RECARO Child Safety – Child restraints inspired by decades of safety in racing seat technology.

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
Kat_Momof3
CPS Advocate

Kat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org Leader
Re: Autosafe belt adjuster

I knew it would be perfect for vehicles like yours and whatever Mazda it is with the weird belts in the third row... glad to see it, though!

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos
Kat_Momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:11 AM   #3
murphydog77
Admin - CPST Instructor

murphydog77 is a Car-Seat.Org Expertmurphydog77 is a Car-Seat.Org Expertmurphydog77 is a Car-Seat.Org Expertmurphydog77 is a Car-Seat.Org Expertmurphydog77 is a Car-Seat.Org Expertmurphydog77 is a Car-Seat.Org Expertmurphydog77 is a Car-Seat.Org Expertmurphydog77 is a Car-Seat.Org Expertmurphydog77 is a Car-Seat.Org Expertmurphydog77 is a Car-Seat.Org Expertmurphydog77 is a Car-Seat.Org Expert

How did you get it from them? Is there an online retailer?
murphydog77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:47 AM   #4
christineka
CPS Technician

christineka has disabled reputation

Neat. I'd like to get one for myself!

Dd1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 12 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 11 (Probooster), Dd4 age 9 (Probooster), Ds2 age 7 (Ffing Radian 80), and Dd4 age 5 (Rfing Radian r120)
christineka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:47 AM   #5
Kyras_Mama
Carseat Crazy

Kyras_Mama has disabled reputation

Is there any reason these couldn't be used safely for an adult? I'd love one if the shoulder belt fit in our new car ends up not being any better than it is in our current one for me... I'm always trying to schooch over or pull it down off my neck to the right place...
Baby #4 Due in Nov. in a Chicco Keyfit30
Kyras_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:00 AM   #6
ginny4
CPS Fanatic

ginny4 is almost a CPS know-it-allginny4 is almost a CPS know-it-allginny4 is almost a CPS know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphydog77 View Post
How did you get it from them? Is there an online retailer?
ebay seller: nappytraders
here's the link of the one i bought: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i hadn't seen another one up for auction yet so i just contacted the seller & asked if they had another one they can sell me. i've paid & will be sent out on friday from new zealand. i'm sure if you cantact them they canhelp you. i paid $20 w/ free ship which i think is VERY reasonable & the cheapest i found. i'm sure you can say i referred them to you. my ebay name is virginiac123kids

ETA: i think the ebay seller IS the manufacturing company. according to my invoice/packing slip it says from MOVA Marketing- that's who makes it. on their site they sell it for $30 plus international shipping of $10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christineka View Post
Neat. I'd like to get one for myself!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyras_Mama View Post
Is there any reason these couldn't be used safely for an adult? I'd love one if the shoulder belt fit in our new car ends up not being any better than it is in our current one for me... I'm always trying to schooch over or pull it down off my neck to the right place...
i guess it depends on how tall your seat back is whether it would work for you. my shoulders are just over the seatback so it falls below my shoulder. if i fit me well i might have considered it for myself as well. but my seatbelts in the 2nd & front row are adjustable in height so it helps to keep it where it needs to be for the most part
ginny4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank You from:
Old 01-28-2010, 07:40 AM   #7
tiggercat
CPS Technician

tiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leadertiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leadertiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leadertiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leadertiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leadertiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leadertiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leadertiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leadertiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leader

So it doesn't introduce a bunch of slack into the belt system? Any chance of a pic that shows the whole seatbelt? I'm tempted because I will end up in the same situation as Greg gets bigger (we have an 02 Caravan and 3 kids so easier to have boostered or seatbelt kid back there, but that darn shoulder belt... )

tiggercat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:45 AM   #8
joolsplus3
Admin - CPS Technician

joolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_Momof3 View Post
I knew it would be perfect for vehicles like yours and whatever Mazda it is with the weird belts in the third row... glad to see it, though!
Oh yeah, Kat, it might be great in the 3rd row of the Mazda5. That's been one reason (well, and thousands of other little reasons, like the price of a new car I can't afford, lol) I've been hesitant to look further into that car
Old 01-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #9
Maedze
CPS Advocate

Maedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org Leader

Hmmmm. I'm wondering how effective something like that would be on the high seatback of a Ford Freestar.
Maedze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:00 AM   #10
ginny4
CPS Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggercat View Post
So it doesn't introduce a bunch of slack into the belt system? Any chance of a pic that shows the whole seatbelt? I'm tempted because I will end up in the same situation as Greg gets bigger (we have an 02 Caravan and 3 kids so easier to have boostered or seatbelt kid back there, but that darn shoulder belt... )
01 grand caravan

i have moved the kids around again so the adjuster went from the driver side to the passenger side so that i could put my DS2 back there as well. i need him to test it out with & w/o the NBB. he's at school of course. when i put it on the pass side & i pulled the belt out-- it twisted inthe guide. it easily twists since the monterey HBB made it twist/bunch up all the time. it also caused it not to retract. it is slow to retract (without anything even there) so i'm considering getting a new seatbelt entirely. it does retract well onthe other side. to get it to not twist i rethreaded the clip upside down. also if you pull belt in the direction of the guide it keeps it flat. as you can see i made the clip tilt so that it would help keep the belt flat as it went thru the clip. gosh i hope i'm making sense.

do these pics help you?

& my lil model. 3.5yo who DOES NOT ride like this at all. he actually fits it really well.

if you need anything else just let me know
Thank You from:
Old 01-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #11
tiggercat
CPS Technician

tiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leadertiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leadertiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leadertiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leadertiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leadertiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leadertiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leadertiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leadertiggercat is a Car-Seat.org Leader

Thank you for the pics, that is exactly what I needed to see! I am going to see if they mind shipping to Canada.

tiggercat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #12
tjham
Senior Community Member

tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

Yes, I bought one a few years ago and did spend $30 something for it! I think the price was awfully high for what you get in actual material but I was willing to pay it to get the correct fit.

I love mine and just ordered another one, at the better price. And I will probably eventually order two more.

Make sure to get it as tight as possible, NO slack, and not too close to the edge of the seat. The first time I tried it, I thought it was tight but by the time they got back, it had slipped off the side of the leather seat.
But now it is on there GOOD!
tjham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #13
tjham
Senior Community Member

tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

Hmmm, I just got mine from nappytraders. Great!
But they won't return my email(s) asking to buy more. Maybe that's all they had. Bummer.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:14 AM   #14
daniele_ut
Carseat Crazy

daniele_ut is a popular Car-Seat.org writer

Our 2006 Chevy Express 12 passenger vans at work actually have something similar installed on all of the outboard rear seats where the lap/shoulder belts come from the wall of the van and are pretty far away. They were standard with the van from the manufacturer. The only way the belt fits me in those vans is with the adjuster.
dd2 born 2/4/08
ds2 safely arrived 12/12/11 at 36 weeks, riding in a Roundabout 50
daniele_ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #15
ginny4
CPS Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjham View Post
Hmmm, I just got mine from nappytraders. Great!
But they won't return my email(s) asking to buy more. Maybe that's all they had. Bummer.
really? that would stink if they ran out tho its the actual company that makes them so you figure they have them.
they sent me a 2nd one. what i found in my email inbox was another paypal message for payment. they attached a note saying they will send a 2nd one out right away. i was a little leery as it wasn't thru ebay. i did have pay pal on my side so i went for it & it went smoothly. i hope you can get that 2nd one too
Old 02-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #16
BabyKaykes
CPS Fanatic

BabyKaykes is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!BabyKaykes is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!BabyKaykes is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!BabyKaykes is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!BabyKaykes is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!BabyKaykes is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

so random, ginny, but 3.5yo already???? I remember him being such a round little baby!!
BabyKaykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:58 AM   #17
ginny4
CPS Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyKaykes View Post
so random, ginny, but 3.5yo already???? I remember him being such a round little baby!!
OMG i know. they grow up so fast. he was very round as a baby but thinned out quite a bit. i cna't believe i just signed him up for prechool in sept. sniff sniff
Old 02-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #18
tjham
Senior Community Member

I know the company still sells them but they want $29.99 with $10 shipping.

http://www.autosafeproducts.co.nz/buynow.html

That is just outrageous, even though I love the product. One strap and one plastic belt guide. Sheesh! I wonder how the guy on ebay could get them and sell them for $20?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #19
mburks26
Carseat Crazy

mburks26 has disabled reputation

These can only be used if the seats fold down?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #20
ginny4
CPS Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjham View Post
I know the company still sells them but they want $29.99 with $10 shipping.

http://www.autosafeproducts.co.nz/buynow.html

That is just outrageous, even though I love the product. One strap and one plastic belt guide. Sheesh! I wonder how the guy on ebay could get them and sell them for $20?
according to the packaging i recieved. nappy traders IS Mova marketing- the ones who manufacture them. at least that what it appears to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburks26 View Post
These can only be used if the seats fold down?
as long as you can feed the strap between the seatback & seat bottom it should be just fine. i didn't fold mine to get ours installed

Support our Forums at Car-Seat.Org!