Need new seats... mom in accident

borntraci

My mom was in an accident last night (kids were not in the car). It was a 3 car collision. The rear car was totaled, the middle car and my moms car seem to be in fairly good shape, but my mom was taken to the hospital with back and neck pain. She's fine. However, she had seats for my kids in her van. Obviously we are going to get them replaced. But I have a few questions and need some suggestions.

So the first seat needing replacing is a Safety 1st 3 in 1 (which I HATE). This seat has been used by my 14 month old son, who needs a RFing seat as long as possible, so I would like to find a seat that RF's to 40 lbs and has a tall shell.

Second seat is another Safety First 3 in 1. This has been used by my 3-1/2 yr old. We need a FF HWH seat for her (she's almost 40 lbs now).

Final seat is a Turbo Booster LBB. This seat is used by my 7 yr old in the front seat (no headrests in the back). He is really tall (4'9") and 75 lbs.

Also, I know my moms seat belt needs to be replaced, but do the seat belts holding the car seats in also need to be replaced?

In addition to that, maybe you know the answer to this. My mom had my sisters wheelchair and wheelchair ramp strapped in her van as well. Do these straps need to be replaced as well?

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I would err on the side of replacing all seatbelts -- but is this the 1991 Astro? It may very well be totalled out for even minor damage plus seatbelts.

I would suggest a Radian65 for your son and a Nautilus for your daughter. At 4'9" I think your son is probably going to be pretty much limited to backless boosters unless you are willing to buy a Frontier to be used as a booster -- maybe a Parkway SG or Monterey would work.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC