Child not in carseat

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Today I was in the drive-thru at the Dairy Queen here in Georgia. The car in front of me had a toddler jumping all around the car. Since we were at the end of a very slow-moving line and in a small town that takes 5 minutes to go from one end to the other, I called the non-emergency police number and reported it. They said they'd send someone but no one ever showed up. :rolleyes:

ADS

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
its always heartbreaking seeing kids climbing around vehicles. the other day i saw a little girl (no older than 4) upside down at a stop sign:(

CRS

Senior Community Member
I hate it, and I see it alllll the time! Once I was travelling between two towns with my husband and son (baby #2 hadn't even been conceived yet!) and there was this group of people in a car travelling about 65 MPH++ two adults in the front, three kids in the back, none of them in a car seat or wearing a seat belt and one of them was bouncing a baby on their lap!!! (so four kids in the back in total) . I called the police from my cellphone (DH was driving) and we continued to follow them, thankfully about ten minutes afterwards the police pulled them over, YAY! They even called me back to tell me that not one of them were restrained and yes, there was no car seat for the youngest baby and that the driver was also disqualified and they were taking them back to the station. If only a good outcome could be met every time I see kids unrestrained. What are these people thinking? Honestly?

mommy2jana

Adventure Mom - I totally know what you mean!!! I was up there last weekend and I saw so many children that should have been in carseats that weren't. I had people look at me funny when they saw my 3.5 yr old actually in a harnessed carseat! Some of the people I know were like "Can't you just put her in a booster now?" :rolleyes:

And no, that doesn't surprise me about the 'boro police! For all we know, they didn't come up there because it could have been their second cousin's uncle's sister twice removed's kids and they didn't want to have to give them a warning or a ticket!! :p

broken4u05

You have a drive-tru Dairy Queen no fair i want one. lol.
But really i see it all the time too. There are so many people here that have no money that never put their kids in anything

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
And no, that doesn't surprise me about the 'boro police! For all we know, they didn't come up there because it could have been their second cousin's uncle's sister twice removed's kids and they didn't want to have to give them a warning or a ticket!! :p

lol..i am sorry, but that just made me really laugh out loud..my office is looking at my strange...:D

arly1983

Adventure Mom - I totally know what you mean!!! I was up there last weekend and I saw so many children that should have been in carseats that weren't. I had people look at me funny when they saw my 3.5 yr old actually in a harnessed carseat! Some of the people I know were like "Can't you just put her in a booster now?" :rolleyes:

See, thats exactly what I deal with every day. I bet they were looking at you funny because she was still in a carseat. I catch a lot of the "Can't you just put him in a booster now?" He just turned two!! Then I get some who are like I know you think you are better than me because your kid is still in a carseat. I am to the point that I am a better mother than you because you know better and your kid is not in a carseat at all (no booster, either). And I am not afraid to admit it, I HAVE FAMILY THAT BELIEVE THAT CARSEATS ARE A SCARE TACTIC TO MAKE MONEY FOR THE GOVERNMENT. There, I feel better now.

mommy2jana

lol..i am sorry, but that just made me really laugh out loud..my office is looking at my strange...:D

I'm glad I could make you laugh!!! But that is seriously how it is up in those small towns in GA, probably in small towns everywhere!

And your dd is seriously too cute!!!! She's adorable! And I am envious of the Olivia Marathon! I didn't even see it when I ordered Ashley Floral!

mommy2jana

Sorry, what is a Dairy Queen?

It is a fast food restaurant that specializes in ice cream goodies! :D They have hard ice cream, soft serve, sundaes, parfaits, ice cream bars, milkshakes, and Blizzards (soft serve vanilla mixed with oreo cookies or candy like Butterfingers or M&M's.

Mmmm...a Blizzard is sounding so good right now!

MommyofBoogieBear

ahhhhhhhhh a Dairy Queen. A stateside fastfood chain...but known for it's soft serve ice cream. ;) We don't have them here either. :( by the way CRS, i just LOVE your logo!!

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Ugh... Sat. I was in the turning only lane to turn right and the truck next to me was turning left(you couldn't go straight, you either had to turn left or right). I looked over to see if any cars were coming and instead saw a tiny little boy, maybe about 4-5 yrs. old STANDING in the middle seat of the truck. Well, actually, he was standing in the backseat leaning into the front seat of the huge truck. The driver smiled and at me and I gave him my best 'mommy look' and shook my head at him. I would have reported him but I had no way of getting his license plate numbers.. :( Oh, and in the front passenger seat was a little girl who needed to be in the backseat in a booster seat..

CRS

Senior Community Member
It is a fast food restaurant that specializes in ice cream goodies! :D They have hard ice cream, soft serve, sundaes, parfaits, ice cream bars, milkshakes, and Blizzards (soft serve vanilla mixed with oreo cookies or candy like Butterfingers or M&M's.

Mmmm...a Blizzard is sounding so good right now!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that sounds so nice!!! you guys are so lucky!

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Just got back to my brother's house from a long day that I won't get into...

I got to Georgia last week and we'll be leaving in the next couple of days. And I LOVE the Dairy Queen! Peanut Buster Parfaits... yummmm. Their softserve ice cream is actually custard, not the type with plastic in it. So it's quite yummy :p

This weather is unreal! Close to 70 several days while it's snowing back in Virginia. The cost of living is so cheap here - makes me want to move here... but don't think my city-born/bred DH would go for that. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC