What seats have RIGID LATCH systems (not belts)

A

aluminum

What seats have RIGID LATCH systems (not belts)

We're going to have LATCH anchors installed in our Subaru Forrester. My original thinking was that it would make sense for there to be seats with the latches built into the seat, as opposed to the belt system, as that would prevent ANY side-to-side movement that seems inevitable with a belt system.

Well, every seat we've seen uses just the belt, so we figured there was no such thing, until I ran across this site that mentions that there are seats with rigid latch systems:

www.geocities.com/carseat....htm#LATCH

So, does anyone know which seats have these and where I may be able to find them? Has anyone used them? Are they truly safer?

Thanks!

ADS
A

aluminum

answered my own question...

Well, I just answered my own question.

It appears that the Expressway Isofix is exactly what we are looking for. Is anyone using this seat?

C

Caviller

Some info in out LATCH guide:

Baby Trend has an infant seat on the market, Britax will introduce a front facing model supposedly by the end of the year. Volvo also has one on sale in Europe, but it may not be available here until next year. See the "LATCH" link under the top banner for some details and photos of these models in the gallery.

Most vehicles cannot have LATCH anchors retrofitted into them, with the exception of a few VW/Audi models. If you have them retrofitted into your Forester, please post back here with the prices and part numbers. I'd love to have anchors installed in our Outback....

Darren

C

Caviller

By the way-

I have tried all three models, and all are exceptionally easy and secure. Granted, the Volvo and Britax models were on a flat test bench, so that may not have been very representative of a real vehicle seat...

C

Caviller

One note-

The current Expressway has flexible straps for attachments. As you noted, the upcoming Expressway ISOFIX will have the rigid anchors, but it is not yet available. I did see this model at a conference, it is essentially identical to the Britax Romer Duo on sale in Europe. Photos are in the Gallery which is linked in the "LATCH" link under the top banner or here:

www.pbase.com/carseat/latch

Darren

A

aluminum

They said $50...

Thanks for all of the info!

Well, the dealer said that they could easily install them, but, then again, I've lost faith in my dealer over time.

They did say they'd be about $50 to install. I'll get the part numbers for them too.

C

Caviller

One possibility-

Before you bring it in for a visit, you might want to verify that they do mean the lower anchors that are positioned in the crack between the seat cushion and seat back. They may be thinking of just the top tether anchor.

Darren

A

aluminum

Understood...

good point. Our car already has the top anchors, and the new subarus have the seat ones, but it doesn't hurt to double check with them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC