rear facing longer?

M

marsmom

rear facing longer?

You brought up about rear facing longer in another post. I tried to search the site to find what seats could be used for this purpose. I the link went no where. Do you have a list of seats? I currently have 2 FPSE for my 7 month old daughter that weighs 20 lbs. I believe that seat is good to 22 lbs rear facing or could it be used longer? Thanks for the posts about the 20/60 I got one on ebay and for my 4 yr old (the one who cannot sit still), we all love it and feel better about her being secure in a seat.
Thanks again
~lisa

ADS
C

Caviller

Rear Facing Seats

Hi-

If you found a broken link, could you please post where it is? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

Almost every current convertible carseat will go rear-facing until 30 or 35 pounds. Most infant carseats and many older convertible carseats did have lower rear-facing limits. You should call Fisher Price to see if your FPSE convertible seat can go to 30 pounds, this may well be the case.

Good luck!

Darren

C

Caviller

Thanks!

I should have guessed! 90% of the broken links I find or others report are from changes SafetyBeltSafe makes to their filenames. They recently changed from html to pdf for some reason, so here is the new link:

www.carseat.org/Resources...r_30lb.pdf

Thanks again!

Darren

R

Robert

Re: rear facing longer?

I have a concern about buying a child seat on e-bay unless its from a store, brand new. The following should be considered
1) Never buy a used seat unless you positivity know the history of the seat.
2) Is the child seat brand new, out of the box.
3) Are there recalls on the seat?
4) Was it involved in a crash?
5) Is the seat older than 6 years?

When acquiring a child seat it is best practice to purchase new or from someone you know where you know with certainty the history of the seat.

M

marsmom

rear facing

The 20/60 was brand new and sealed in the box, I understand your concerns. We searched the local area biglots to not find any and contacted the seller about the product about being new and never used.
I also found out the FPSE is good up to 30lbs rear facing.
Thanks
~lisa

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC