Motorhome

M

mikeandkelly

Motorhome

The grandparents want to take our kids in a motorhome. There is a side-facing bench, but no forward-facing seats. How do we install carseats?

ADS
M

mikeandkelly

Re: Motorhome

Thanks for your reply. If I don't use the front seat, the side facing seats, or the dinette, there seem to be no options. Is there anything I can do? My only choice seems to be inside a towed vehicle or driving along side the motorhome. I would guess there are lots of children that need to ride in motorhomes.

C

Caviller

Hmmm, sounds like a tough choice.

I am not very familiar with motor homes, and without seeing the vehicle in person I don't think I could give you better advice. I would highly recommend seeking out a certified child passenger safety technician in your area, preferably an instructor. They can do a free inspection, and may have some suggestions for you upon seeing the motor home. Please visit the "Free Carseat Inspection" link under the top banner to locate one in your area.

Unfortunatley, I suspect it is probably the case that many children in motor homes often ride unrestrained or improperly restrained. Unrestrained children are not uncommon in normal passenger vehicles, either, and that is a big reason why motor vehicle crashes are the number one cause of death for kids 1-14 :-(

Darren

M

murphydog77

Re: Motorhome

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer of the motor home? If it's a newer model, they may be able to add seat belts so that car seats can be secured. I'm totally unfamiliar with motor homes, so forgive me if I'm making this out to be too simple. I know that most motor homes can be customized, so it makes it difficult to know where appropriate seating positions are.

I think that the best thing to do in this case is to install the seats in a car and drive along with the motor home.

Heather

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC