Damaging leather seats

L

Lisa

Damaging leather seats

I am told that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration suggests using a rubber slip mat (also known as a "shelf liner") as a safe way to protect your car's leather seats from ripping as a result of car seats. Where can I find this item?

ADS
C

Caviller

Re: Damaging leather seats

Walmart and Target are typical sources. It looks like a medium weave of rubber mesh strands and may be found in the kitchen wares section.

Some companies sell products that are specifically designed to protect seats from gouging and stains. Baby stores often carry these items. While these are aftermarket products, they are generally OK to use provided they are thin and non-compressible. Thick materials and fluffy materials are not recommended.

Good luck!

Darren

A

aluminum

x

These are also the same as 'rug-grippers' the rubber mesh you put under rugs.

Another great use for these is to cut a small square to use in those wooden high-chairs that all resturaunts seem to use...it keeps the kid from sliding out.

D

dsharp

Re: Damaging leather seats

We bought a product from a baby store, but it's pretty much the same as a rubber floor mat from the local pep boys. In the latter scenario, you can match the color to your vehicle, and it protects the seats. (I, for one, am not worried about the leather getting nicked, but I am worried about grape juice. This protects against both).

My $0.02.
David

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC