Question leather seats

mommyin05and07

We have leather seats and the carseats are really doing some damage to them, I know the seat porotectors are out, but what about a thin blanket (recieveing blanket type) underneath is that ok? not sure that would even help my seats??
or is there anything else to help with my leather seats, besides taking carseats out and wipeing down the leather?

Thanks

ADS

crunchierthanthou

what sort of damage?

We have leather seats and the worst we've had are some dents that pop out within a few days.

What seats are you using and in which vehicle?

CaseyRN

I will say that in my Highlander when I took my Marathon out for it to be repaired it was really really dented in. And when I got it back almost 3 weeks later they were still there. I just reinstalled the MA b/c her safety matters more than my seats. But I do wonder what I will do to try to recover the seats when we eventually sell it.

And, DH is getting leather put in his car this week and the MA now resides in his car. So I'm considering putting something thin under it though I don't really want to. Would conditioning the leather routinely or something help at all? I just always hear that the seats will pop right back out in a few days and that just didn't happen in my car.

skaterbabs

The leather in our old caddy popped back into shape pretty quickly when we took DD's seat out to sell the car, and we never cared for the leather at all. if you take the time to properly condition the leather every so often, it shouldn't be an issue.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC