more britax questions

C

cara1

more britax questions

My 6 month old and I have been holding out until the new LATCH seats are available. At first I had decided on either the Roundabout or Advantage. Now I'm reading good things about Marathon and Wizard. Am I to assume that these two new ones will replace the RA and Advantage? What would be a reason not to go with either of the two newer ones, since they're higher weight limits will forestall purchase of a booster seat later? The knob to adjust (on Advantage and Wizard) sounds like a great thing, too; I know I struggle with my infant seat, rethreading the belts whenver my son grows a bit. But is the knob really worth the extra $50 or so? And we still don't know when any of these will become available, do we?

ADS
C

Caviller

They do look like nice seats-

I can't recommend any of them until I have some experience with them in person. Unfortunately, Britax has not had very good estimates of release dates in the past. The LATCH retrofit kit we were told would be available in early 2001 may never reach the market...

On paper, they do look like nice options. One disadvantage of the Marathon/Wizard is that the harness tightness adjuster isn't quite as nice as the button on the Roundabout. These models will not replace the Roundabout/Advantage. The RA is also being released with LATCH.

Darren

E

Evansmom

Britax

I have spent the last few weeks investigating ALL car seats, and I just purchased the Britax Advantage today, I was holding out for the LATCH however my son is getting too big. (So last week I purchased the 3 in one) I returned it today! RU does have one with the LATCH on the market already, you still have to re-thread. I was very interested in the Galaxy that is coming out in October but from what I hear It's going to be hard to locate. I installed my Advantage in less than 5 minutes, it doesn't budge!!!!! It is money well spent I LOVE IT ALREADY....

J

JRR

LATCH Roundabouts available

Monopolies R Us does have LATCH Roundabouts available, but only in one color. Got two for my twins the other day. They're probably holding off stocking others in order to move old inventory.

R

Robert

Re: more britax questions

According to Britax 8/21/02 the Marathon is schedule to be released late August, early September. "Babies R Us" will be receiving the first shipments.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC