I tried dd in the nauti today, question about adjuster

TheQueenMother

Liddie is 42 lbs and was at the second harness heights. I probably would put her in the third because any growth spurt would have made them too short. Liddie loved the seat, thecupholder won brownie points. However, the harness adjuster was at the seat making no more available room to let it out. Is this a flaw with the floor model or are the nautis adjuster straps that short?
amanda

ADS

zactayaus

I'd say it's a problem with the floor model. DS2 is on the 3rd slots and has a good 6-8 inches of adjuster strap left.

myliljunebugs

Definitely must have been the floor model. DD is just moved up to the third slots and has way plenty harness room left. She is hovering around 40lbs if that helps. :)

jheimes

My DD is only on 2nd slots, but I have heard that some people have had trouble with this while others have not. I would call/email graco if you end up getting a model that does this. I could be wrong, but from what I heard, it seemed like it was the older models that had the short adjuster glitch, so maybe the test seat is older?

Maedze

The harness was probably routed incorrectly. It's not the longest harness in the world, but more than adequate for an average sized 6 year old in the top slots.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
You might get a little more length when it moves to the top slot (because of the way it routes in the back, that's the longest amount of strap you can get). I get a lot of people complaining that the couple inches of adjuster is just 'not enough room to grow' and not wanting to buy the seat, though (it's a brand new floor model, I'd never heard there were any longer adjuster straps...wish there were!)

monzogary

Senior Community Member
My 8 1/2 yr old rides in the Nautilus. She is about an inch below the top slots slots and weighs about 58 lbs. Here is a pic of her and how much adjuster strap there is left:

3613055643_bf050dc55b.jpg

jheimes

My DD who is 3.5 yrs about 30# and 38" and on the 2nd from bottom slots has about the same amount of strap left as your 8 yr old. Interesting:confused:

Mommypooh

I have 2 kids in Nautis since I am borrowing one from a friend. I have one in the second slots and one in the thrid slots. My child on the thrid slot has more adjuster than the one on the second. I truly believe this has to do with the way the way the straps route in the back. Oh and the one that my child on the second slots is riding in is usually for a boy that is in the top slots and he has even more adjuster strap than my child on the third slot. It is just the way the seat it. I have taken to adjusting the straps to show people how much longer it gets when you move it up each slot. It is not a ton but shows that it will be long enough.

My kids are 33 lbs second slot, 43 lbs third slot, and then the boy who usually rides in it is 48 lbs top slot.

monzogary

Senior Community Member
Here is a quick illustration I did to show how the harness adjusts on the Nautilus:

3193618751_22a184497d.jpg

That roller on the back that the harness has to go over no matter the slot its in is the reason why you get more adjuster strap when you go to a higher slot. It also seems to be a big part of the reason why the harness is so easy and smooth to adjust.
HTH!

jheimes

Wow, that makes sense. Glad to hear that it won't be too short. That's also nice so that you don't have a long strap hanging out the front to get caught in the door.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC