Starriser or Roadster

S

sbgrimes

Starriser or Roadster

Hello again - -

I am happy to report that I found another Dodge agency that is willing to put the retrofitted shoulder belts into my 1989 Grand Caravan. That means that I will be able to move my 44 lb. 46 in. 6 year old out of the front passenger seat back where he belongs.

Visiting my parents in a larger city has allowed me the opportunity to see the Super Elite and the Starriser in person. If I hadn't been able to get the shoulder belts installed, I would have bought the Super Elite before leaving town. Now I have a different problem.

What is the difference between the Starriser and the Roadster? I know they have slightly different weight limitations and the Starriser can be used without the back (not an option for me). Are there other differences I should consider because my child is heavy enough to work with both seats. Is the Roadster better because of allowing a heavier child or are there other considerations I need to think about?

Thanks for your advice on getting the shoulder belts installed. They will extend the time I get to use this vehicle by at least a couple of years.

SaraSue

ADS
C

Caviller

I think both are nice models-

It really comes down mostly to personal preference. The Starriser tends to be both narrow and tall, which may help in some situations especially if you need to fit more passengers or carseats in a narrow vehicle. The Roadster seems a bit more plush and comfortable.

There are some other very competitive booster models out there, too, like the Jupiter Komfort Kruiser.

I think any of these will suit your needs very well.

Good luck, and I'm glad you were able to get the shoulder belt retrofit!

Darren

S

sbgrimes

Re: Starriser or Roadster

Is there a list of the available seat belt positioning boosters and comparisons between them? I was very impressed with the look of the Starriser in person, but now that I have the shoulder belts installed (way prohibitive pricing!! $350+ for two in the very back row), I have a little while to shop for a taller seat. My son's ears are about 2 inches below the top of the current seat we own. By the way, he loves his new shoulder belt in the back, and feels very safe wearing it.

SaraSue

J

Julie

One thing to consider...

I don't know if you have headrests in you van, but the back on the Roadster can only be used up till 65 pounds, wheras the back on the star riser comfy can be used all the way to 80 pounds. The Jupiter Komfort Kruiser is a high back booster that can accomodate a child up to 100 pounds, as well, which might be another nice option. Julie

S

safeinthecar

Re: Starriser or Roadster

Another thing to consider is the height of the booster. My 6 year old is already too tall for the roadster but the starriser when extended to its top position is tall enough for me. I'm 5'5".Also the seat width on the starriser is adjustable. I also find that both the roadster and the jupiter are to deep for many kids under 65lbs causing them to have to scoot foward to bend thier knees and causing the seat belt to cross their stomaches.
This is what boosters are supposed to correct.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC