Pictures of Charlie in Radian and Regent

Splash

No worries, he's still RF in his BV and will be for hopefully at least six more months. He's got two pounds to go.

Charlie is 18 months, approximately 31 pounds and 33-34 inches. He is right at the third slot in a Marathon, sometimes a bit over or a bit under depending on what he is wearing and what store we're in!
He is right under the bottom slots on a Regent (installed with recline bar, he's a bit over the bottom without the recline bar) and a smidge over the third (of five) slots in the Radian.

384583177_604235b21e.jpg

384582885_e9985a3cd8.jpg

384582966_c78300e6f0.jpg

384582786_52ec0b2e91.jpg

384582684_77783fc949.jpg

384582644_2653d73056.jpg

And a few months ago napping in his old Boulevard
265941736_093de4a6db.jpg

ADS

jamesmommy

He is such a cutie, and boy, what beautiful eyes!

I didn't realize there was that much difference in the harness settings of the Regent and the Radian, seeing them like that makes me think I should do another Regent for sure (James is on the second from bottom harness setting). And the Sahara is much prettier in your pics that the online ones.

Thanks for sharing,
Amie
mommy to James, 4yo, 31 lbs, 39 in
riding in a FF Britax Husky

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

The photos are great! It gives such a great comparison of the seats, size and harness height. Charlie looks so little in the Regent. The pictures of the Regent are so much better than the online stores. It looks nicer than I thought. I like the blue Radian also. Do they still have that color? Charlie is the same as Karley age and height. She weighs 24 pounds though. I have a long time I think before I'll have to turn her around, thankfully. Charlie is a beautiful boy. Love the blonde hair and blue eyes. Thanks for the great pictures!

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
Thank you for posting the pictures! He is such a little doll!

Your pictures pretty much confirmed for me that my 6 year old is too tall for the Radian. She is above the second to the top slots in the Regent, I haven't tried her in it in a while but I am guessing she is pretty close to the top slots. I need to try her and see for sure. She doesn't use it, its her little brothers.

Rachel

bp2002

OMG! What a cutie! The pics are great, but now im concerned that SO's son isnt going to fit in the radian we just ordered for him. Unfortunatly we dont get to try him in it for a bit tho. Not until early march. In the husky his is barely in the 2nd from the top slots. AH! The stress. Considering he barely needs to top slots of an evenflo chase, i figure he will be ok in the radian for awhile.

Again, great pics, thanks for the comparision.

B

blue_nova

wow he is such a beautyful baby!!(but i am sure you hear that every day) :)

LuvBug

awww! he is definitely too small to be FFing yet lol!!
He is all swallowed up in both of those seats, especially the regent.
When we got DS the husky at 2.5 he was already right at the bottom of the second slots. Big difference! He looks so tiny in it! DN was already between the 1st and second at 1y9m when I tried her in it(28lbs, cant remember her height and she wasnt CD'd). Maybe in 6m he will shoot up a lot and fit better in those.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
WOW slash, how long is his torso??? If allie has to ride in abby's radian for on reason or another she's still slot below charlie! And she's 2.5y/o, although my girls have short torsos like their mama, its still crazy! :)

Tara

Great shots! Nice comparisons.

And dang that is one cuuuuuuuuuuuuute little boy. Love those sleepy Radian pics awwww

Splash

Yeah, I can't get over how gigantic the Regent is on him. He was in a Boulevard from birth and he didn't seem that lost in it.

It doesn't matter if he ever fits it. I really don't like the Regent, so I'm not lookling forward to one and won't get it until and unless absolutely necessary. I think he's got at least three years in his Boulevard, and i know there is bound to be something better then.

Yeah, I'm keeping the BVs. The NEW ones. I messed with the Regent so much in the past week (installing and uninstalling every day) that I renewed my dislike for it. I shed some blood, and have some bruises, but I did get the NEW BV in the center of my car FF with an acceptable install. It's not great, it's not what I'd like, but it's okay. I can live with it, since it's in the middle. And if the new Recaro is everything we're hoping for, then I'll sell the BVs in six months or so and buy that. Otherwise, the BV is the best one on the market now for our needs that fits my car. He liked the Radian more, and it definitely seemed more comfortable, but it just was NOT compatible with my car.

Splash

WOW slash, how long is his torso??? If allie has to ride in abby's radian for on reason or another she's still slot below charlie! And she's 2.5y/o, although my girls have short torsos like their mama, its still crazy! :)

Don't know, never measured!

He's too tall (RF and FF) for-
Graco ComfortSport
Evenflo Titan
Evenflo Tribute

He's almost even with the top slots in-
Cosco Scenera
Cosco Alpha Omega
Eddie Bauer generic high back booster

He's in the second to top slots (normally, sometimes he's a bit over) in-
Graco Cargo
Graco SafeSeat2
Evenflo Bolero
Evenflo Chase
Britax Marathon
Sunshine Kids Radian (I guess about halfway between 3rd and 4th slot)
Safety 1st Intera
Evenflo Triumph (Actually, I would have to use the third, but he has a bit to go before being even with them)

He's got two or more slots to go in-
Cosco Apex
Britax Regent

He's a big kid. Remember though, he's been on a lot of steroids!

mommy2jana

Wow, I didn't realize how much bigger the Regent is than the Radian! I can't wait to be able to get an Onyx one!

And Charlie is sooooo adorable!!!! I'm sure you already knew that though! :p He has gorgeous eyes and those cheeks are too cute!!!

scatterbunny

He is cuuutteee!!

So weird that he is too tall for seats like the Scenera, but below the bottom slots of a Regent. Those slots are not even 13 inches high (carseatdata.org has them listed as 11.5, but I think they are about 12).

Hayley was in the second set of slots on the Husky when we bought it, barely under them...but still about half an inch below the second-to-top slots of a Marathon, and was just barely too tall for a Scenera at that point.

He's got tons of room in a Radian, too bad that didn't install well. :(

Splash

It installed okay, I just don't like it. And he still sleeps a lot in the car, I just don't think it's comfortable for him. Plus I just cannot stand the thought of it EXPIRING while he still FIT in it!

Keep in mind that I'm never trying him in the seats at the same spot in the same clothes. Some are on the floor in stores, some on the shelf, some on BRU's test bench, some in my car...
In HER car he needs the second slot in the Regent, probably about half an inch under it. In my car, with the slope of the seats combined with the recline bar, it probably gave him an extra two inches of slot height.
I'll have to take pictures of him in every seat on the same day for comparison! THAT would be a good tool to have, don't you think?

ETA- Oops, sorry! You were talking about the Radian! Yeah, lots of room but bad install. I read Regent, not Radian.

JaRylan

Thanks for the pictures, it's nice to see the same child in different seats. Much easier to compare ear height, lol and imagine where my child would fit. Charlie's bottom ear lobe position in the Radian it is about the same as Rylan's shoulder. :) How much extra weight did the steroids cause Charlie to gain? Rylan weighed 35-37lbs June 2006 and now weighs 45lbs after being on steroids since June 29th, I don't think he has put any weight on since September though.

Those eyes, the eyelashes and the hair - he's got the whole package!

gwenvet

Wow Splash, he's a big boy! My almost 4 yr old is only about 35lbs and Ari, who is a month younger than Charlie is only about 24lbs! He IS SO cute though! We'll be near West Palm Beach in a few weeks...anywhere near you?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC