Played with the Avatar, pics one

MelllieMa

I was pretty impressed. I like the base design and how it twists, although it is rather large and heavy. I also like that it has a recline option similar to the Britax King. It can be reclined to any position without reinstalling it. I *think* (but I'm not positive) that it does not have to be fully reclined to rf, which is a plus. I was so busy taking pics of the base that I didn't get any of the strap slots, etc.

Here is Lucian, 3 months old and 16 pounds. He's in the second set of slots up and using the optional 'infant insert pillow'.
luc_avatar1.jpg

ADS

MelllieMa

Last one

side view ff

Sorry for six separate posts... the system would only allow one pic at a time per post, and only one message each 120 seconds... this took more effort than I had planned!

groovymom2000

Why/how would you use it twisted on it's base?

Who makes this seat again? I must have missed something somewhere! :D It does look like a nice seat, though, the straps look nice and "non-twisty". I just haven't heard of the twisting base thing, and I am confused about it.

MelllieMa

It's combi's new car seat line

The infant Tyro, the convertible Avatar, and the booster Apogee.
You wouldn't use it while it's twisted... the way this convertible turns to be rf/ff is that its base (the light gray) is higher on one side. The entire top of the carseat swivels around... the dark gray and the seat and everything. The seat is designed to always have the widest part of the light gray base toward the vehicle seat back. Because that side is wider/higher, it helps get the postioning correct for a rf infant so the angle is not too upright and when the seat is ff it keeps the entire thing more upright.
The actual recline mechanism is within the dark gray part of the seat, giving it a little more versatility and a lot more ease of use in terms of a one time installation. Sorry, I'm stumbling on my words a little and it's a little hard to explain. I had to play with it for a good while to figure it all out.

U

Unregistered

Wow- that looks and sounds like a great seat - does Britax finally have a competitor in the carseat aisle?? Thanks for posting the pictures - can't wait to play with one for my 10 mo DD.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC