Add On Tray for a Carseat

D

DavidGSR

We saw an advertisement for a tray that straps onto a carseat. Its intent is to provide a place for the child to color, hold a book, hold food, ect. It seems to have a strap that goes under the front of the seat to hold it on. Any ideas as to how this would affect a properly restrained child in the seat?

ADS

bazanna

Senior Community Member
Well, nobody knows for certain how it would affect the performance of the carseat in a crash, since the two have never been tested together. But my main concern would be about the object as a projectile in a crash. You don't want that thing hitting anyone in the head at 50 mph, know what I mean? Crash forces are tremendous, which is why add-on aftermarket products are not recommended.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I'd be very hesitant to attach any hard object to a child seat. It could become a lethal projectile in a crash.

I think I saw a foam or flexible activity tray somewhere. Perhaps someone has a link. That might be a safer option if necessary.

tech_raechel

Senior Community Member
I have seen someone suggest using a foam board (like the kind used for swimming) as a "table" in the car, since it is lightweight and soft.

Raechel
tech and mom of 2

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC