New Honda Pilot -- can't fit seats

A

ashburnrick

New Honda Pilot -- can't fit seats

I've got a new Honda Pilot. The 3rd row seat is supposed to fit three, and the seat belts points are quite close together. So close, in fact, that I cannot fit ANY booster seat that I've shopped for in two of the three spaces. The right side belt anchors are barely 14 inches apart, and the middle spot has anchors on 12 inches apart. Only the left seat works since the belt anchor is on a strap, and we can pull it past the booster seat edge. There is simply no way to get three boosters back there (or even two, which is all I need). (Two kids over 40 lbs and under 60 lbs.)

Any ideas?

ADS
C

Caviller

Re: New Honda Pilot -- can't fit seats

Three across is difficult in many vehicles with narrow seating. I believe the Britax Starriser is one of the narrower boosters, and it also has an adjustable width when needed. Other than that, you might scan this table of width measurements:

(Link broken: website no longer exists)

The Britax Laptop may be an alternative for you also, but even that may be a bit too wide...

Darren

A

ashburnrick

Thanks...more detail

My problem is that the edge of the boosters sit over the inserts for the seat belts. While I can crawl back there and push and shove and get things into place, my 4 and 5 year olds can't manage it themselves. Of course, I'll do it if I have to. But -- I'd rather not have bought this car! I'm tempted to raise a stink with Honda and have them take it back. I mean -- how can they market a third-row seat for "children only" when you can't fit boosters or car seats back there! It's insane!

When I complained to the sales manager this past weekend, he had the nerve to tell me that the manual says to not use boosters back there. Of course, it says no such thing. I reminded him of California law, and then he just told me to call American Honda to discuss it.

C

Caviller

Re: Thanks...more detail

Thanks for the input. I'm off to edit my review of the Pilot at Epinions:)

Please let us know if you do find something that works for you! This question is bound to come up again...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC