Convertible seat for big 7mo in an Odyssey

S

strozinski

Convertible seat for big 7mo in an Odyssey

Our 7mo daughter has outgrown the infant seat/carrier we are using now in our 2002 Odyssey. We have been reading reviews and shopping for a convertible seat that would fit well in the Ody's asymmetrical belting arrangement (2nd row). We are also looking for a LATCH compatible seat that will be good to 40 pounds when we turn it to the front.
We have thought about the Britax Roundabout update with LATCH, but are also interested in the Evenflo Triumph V (says discontinued on the babies r us site?) and the Graco ComfortSport.

Any feedback on these models, especially from Ody owners? We are wondering about the Graco's fit, since the base looks like it may slide a bit with the smaller contact area. The Evenflo looks very nice, especially the wheel adjuster, but is there a replacement model coming? Are there other convertibles we should consider?

Thanks!

ADS
C

Caviller

Re: Convertible seat for big 7mo in an Odyssey

I use a Britax Roundabout in my Odyssey, but not with LATCH. It is rock solid rear-facing with the seatbelts and tether ( www.car-safety.org/odyssey.html ).

The Triumph is only being discontinued in the non-LATCH version. A new version with LATCH is already on shelves at some retailers, including some local Babies R Us stores.

The Comfort Sport is the updated version of the Century Accel. This model also tends to fit well in a variety of vehicles. I think you will probably get a good fit with any of these!

Darren

S

strozinski

Nice pics

Thanks, Darren, for the info. Britax seems so vague about their info on availability on the LATCH compatible Roundabout. None of the stores in NJ we contacted seemed to have any idea when Britax would ship them, which seems odd for a premium manufacturer. Especially when I have read that the same stores already have these seats in different parts of the country. They must have a very constrained supply capability, so we may go for the Evenflo or the Graco.

Is it fair to ask the stores for a test in our vehicle (in their parking lot?) I would imagine this is OK, but I have never tried it.

By the way, nice fogs! Did you install them yourself or have a dealer do it? The 46 step or so instructions are a little daunting, especially the wiring and routing.

C

Caviller

Thank you-

I can rarely get a decent answer when I contact Britax, unlike most other manufacturers. So, I'm generally in the dark on their releases and information as everyone else. On the other hand, I did see the LATCH Roundabout at a local Babies R Us retail store. Only the demo was left, the rest had sold out over the weekend.

Our Babies R Us has allowed customers to try their floor models, though sometimes they will send a salesperson outside with them. I think it varies store to store, and you might have better luck at the independent shops who sometimes employ someone who is a certified technician.

I bought the Honda foglights from HandA Accessories online, and had the local Honda dealer install them. It was too complex for me, and that way they are covered under the warranty, too...

Darren

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC