multiple carseats

C

christensen

multiple carseats

I just had my third child and cannot fit my three carseats in the back of my Nissan Maxima. The back sits are kinds of formed to fit an adult and are not level all the way across. Is there a carseat you can buy for more than one child? My two older children need a harness is I could find a carseat that would fit them side by side and still have room for the infant seat. Can't seem to find a narrow carseat anywhere.

Thanks.

ADS
C

Caviller

This link might help...

I don't have any specific advice for you, but this is a link to a pdf file that does have a listing of the width of many carseat models. I hope it might help you:

(Link broken: website no longer exists)

Darren

S

safeinthecar

Re: multiple carseats

I might be able to help but I need to know the age and weights of your kids. It would also be helpful if I knew what kinds of seats you have to work with.

K

kcguest

I have a 4 year old (almost 40 pounds), a 2 year old, and soon an infant. I have a super crew ford truck. I want to put my 4 year old in the middle in a booster seat and the other two on the sides. I can't find a booster seat that's compatible with lap belt only and that is easy to install. I'm used to the built in locking clip of Britax roundabout and am trying to find something similar that's easy to insall but safe. The Britax starriser/comfy looks great but it won't work with lap belt only. And the Super Elite or Husky is too wide. Do you have any suggestions on this matter. I would greatly appreciate it!
Kcguest

R

rich47

My wife and I are expecting our third child in December and are trying to figure out how/if we can fit all three -- 5yo in a bosster, 3yo in a front facing seat and newborn -- across the back seats of our Subaru Legacy and Subaru Outback wagons. Any advice?

Thanks!

C

Caviller

The Britax Laptop:

This may be your best option. As you know, boosters cannot be used with lap only belts.

A review is here:

pub59.ezboard.com/fcarsaf...ID=3.topic

Right Start stores may still carry the laptop, both brick&mortar and online. They are usually $59.95, though often 10% off.

www.rightstart.com/global...upTP=Model

BabyCenter.Com also appears to have stock again:

store.babycenter.com/prod...oster/1715

If you need one, it may be wise to order now. This model is apparently being discontinued because it cannot be equipped with LATCH to conform to the new standard.

Darren

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC