Will Husky fit in Jeep Liberty?

M

maxerik2001

I would like to buy the husky for my almost 3 year old who is outgrowing his roundabout. Does anyone know if it will fit in a Jeep Liberty?

I have not been able to find it at Babies R us, so I will have to buy it online, which gives me no chance to try it in our car first.

Thanks.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
There are other stores that sell it, particularly here in the bay area, where they might let you try it out first....you could try the list of retailers from the britax site, or just whip out the phone book and call around a little :)

I've been surprised how well it fits in my much smaller cars (can be hard to get through the car door, but after that, it's easy to get a tight fit)

Also, in what way does it seem your 3 yo is outgrowing the RA? Is he close to 40 pounds, or are his shoulders going up above the top harness slots? (in the plastic...sometimes the cover slips down and makes it look like the slots are much lower than they are), or are the tips of his ears up at the top of the seatback? It's not outgrown till any one of those things happens.

The RA is such a comfy, easy to use seat, that I'd hate for you to "get rid of" it before it's really outgrown. The Husky's a terrific seat, too, though, we have one and love it, and my 6 yo chooses it over any of his boosters, even!

M

maxerik2001

Hi Julie,

my son is 39 inches tall and weighs about 36 lbs, but his shoulders go over the top slots. Since we have a new baby on the way we could use the roundabout for him, after he outgrows his infant car seat (my son only fit into it for 4 months) so we could use it again soon.

How would you compare the Husky to the Marathon? The Marathon goes up to 65 lbs, I am not sure at which age a child reaches that weight.

I am just a little undecided because my son really likes his car seat and I hope it will be the same with the next seat.

Thanks.

Mandy

@Darren
Thanks for the link.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ah, well a new baby is always a good reason to pass down a RA :).

The Marathon, like a lot of other seats, tends to get outgrown by height rather than weight first. My 46 inch tall 40 pound 6 year old still barely fits in ours, my 41 inch 4 year old is using the top slots, as she is just above the second to top slots. I think the second to top slots are the same as the Roundabout, so your ds wouldn't have a tremendous amount of growing room in it, but he would surely get a couple years in it, and you might find that at age 5 he'd be ready for a booster like the Bodyguard.

The MA is about as comfy as the RA, but it is a little different to use: the harness adjuster is a little different and some RA owners find it more difficult to get used to.

You'd get more growing room in the Husky, but it's not as good for sleep support. Still, it's very comfortable, and my kids never actually complain they can't sleep in it. You can't take in on an airplane (you can take the MA, though) so if you travel, that might be a consideration. You may also want to look at a booster, if he ever rides in a different car...the Husky is a bit annoying to have to move frequently.

Well, I broke into my full Husky Vs Marathon list there, lol.
If you really want to harness your kids for a long time to come, then the Husky is your best choice, that's for sure, and with our law being 6 or 60, it's not unusual for kids to be harnessed longer here than other states, so I don't think peer pressure should be an issue.
If you can find a store that sells both seats, maybe you could see if your son has a preference? I know MY boy couldn't care less about what seat I get him, but maybe yours will have a preference....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC