Britax Advantage vs. Galaxy

M

mattw

Britax Advantage vs. Galaxy

Ok I think I understand the differences. What I can't figure out is whether or not one or both of them can be rear facing attached via Latch. It looks like the Galaxy has 2 sets of latch straps from the picture, but I can't see any for the Advantage. Also I have a Roundabout for an older child and really like the one button harness adjustment. What type of harness adjustment does the Galaxy have? It seems to be different.

Thanks!

ADS
M

murphydog77

Re: Britax Advantage vs. Galaxy

Yes, both seats will have LATCH that can be used rear-facing. I heard that the Wizard won't begin production until early next year, if that makes any difference in your decision.

I can't tell by the pictures what kind of harness adjustment the Wizard has. In one picture (on Britax's What's New page), it looks very similar to the Century harness adjusters. On another (on their convertibles page), it looks like there's a button under a flap, similar to the Super Elite. Until we see an actual production model, I'm not sure we'll know how it works.

Heather

U

UlrikeDG

Both the Galaxy & Advantage have LATCH for rear facing..

Actually, the Advantage is still available without LATCH, but the ones manufactured from here on out will have LATCH, and if it has LATCH, it will be for both front and rear facing. I don't know anyone who has seen the Galaxy yet (it's not in stores), so I don't think anyone but Britax can tell you about the harness adjuster on it. Britax's customer service reps *might* be able to help you. 1-888-4-BRITAX I haven't heard anything about when the Galaxy might be released, so it could be a while before that one gets to stores.

The Wizard is a totally different seat from the Galaxy (although it does share some features with the Advantage). I have heard that the Wizard won't be released until next spring.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC