I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it re:potty training & seat cov

groovymom2000

Yesterday Elliot decided (finally!) that he wanted to wear underwear instead of diapers. He refuses to wear pull ups, which is ok with me, but what do we do when we go out? I am thinking of putting cloth diaper on the seat of his car seat...it's thin but it might absorb anything. Does anyone have any ideas? I would hate to have an "accident" and have to wash the seat cover of a Husky all of the time! :D Need help, experienced moms & dads!
Thanks!
Beth, mom to Elliot 12/5/00 and #2 due 5/24/04

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I have no advice for you offhand. As long as whatever you use is relatively thin, it shouldn't be a problem. A diaper should certainly be OK, since it would be under them if they were wearing one anyway:)

Maybe you can borrow our daughter sometime and convince her to wear underwear, too!

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
When my dd was born, I kept those big bed pads they use under new moms at the hospital (the unused ones, of course, lol). I looked into buying some to keep at home while I was pg. (I was afraid my water would break in bed like it did the first time) and drugstores carry them for about $20 in the adult incontinence section. You could cut one up to the shape of the car seat and have him sit on that.

Oh, and good for him for not wanting to wear pull-ups! They're just expensive diapers.

scatterbunny

Great idea about the waterproof pads, I'll have to find some of those! My dd is 2.5 and has been going back and forth between diapers and training panties for a couple of months now. She's a child who thrives on routine, and whenever we go on an all-day shopping trip, a weekend visit to the grandparents, or whatever the case may be, she reverts to "baby mode" and insists on diapers. Then it takes us a week to convince her to try the panties again, lol.

Anyway, our main reason for even putting diapers back on her for long car trips and such is that we've washed her Alpha Omega cover so many times it started to come apart. :eek: We have an Airway now, and plan on getting a Husky, which I know is not machine washable. Eventually I'd like to get two covers for it, so I can just switch them in the event of an accident, but the waterproof pads will be good protection!

groovymom2000

Thanks! That's a great idea...

it's going to be a long process, I'm afraid. But who knows...it's only day 1.
As for washing the Husky seat cover....I checked with Britax, and they told me to machine wash gentle cycle and hang to dry...I have and there's been no problem with it.

groovymom2000

Well, actually I had seen one of those...

in a catalog. But I think for right now I like the disposable method...I also wasn't sure about the thickness and the crotch harness protector thing. Potty training so far has been up and down.:rolleyes: Thanks though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC