"Britax" License Plate..what do you think??

lovinwaves

Ok, so I was thinking about getting a personal license plate to say "BRITAX"?

Seriously, what do you guys think? Am I like totally ate up! LOL :)

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Go for it if the DMV lets you use a brand name. Britax might like the free advertising. ;)

lovinwaves

I dont' think people woudl get it. Try BUCKLUP

But it might make people look up that name on the internet to see what it is. I have actually done that a couple of times.

I like the bucklup too, but we can only have 6 characters. I also had though about CPSAFTY, but I can't get it shortened to 6 characters. Any other ideas?? TIA!

lovinwaves

Go for it if the DMV lets you use a brand name. Britax might like the free advertising. ;)

Yeah, I am kind of worried they won't let me because of the "Trademark, Copyright, Naming laws". Maybe I could get permission from Britax...mmmm

LuvBug

I dunno, I dont think it would make people look it up. I think it would just confuse them. Yesterday we went to the zoo and on the drive there I kept trying to figure out all these personalized plates that just made no sense. Im pretty good with word riddles too. I think most people wont think it is a proper name but that it is suppose to be a phrase, like br it ax or brite ax or something lol!
That is only from my POV though.

You could do BKL-UP and I think most would get that or BUKLUP

beeman

get one made with the actual logo for the front. (if you don't have to display your regions plate on the front. On my old truck I had "dont laugh, its paid for" I got it for $10 at Canadian tire.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
*CRSTFRK* (car seat freak) once crossed my mind, but I don't know if anyone'd "get it" :eek: :p So I have Rebekah's lisence plate frame + I'm hoping to be able to afford some window decals & would love 1 of these plate images (specifically: kids, peace or arts/museums) ... but check out the other Professional plates available ~ why not CPST :confused:

Last edited:

lovinwaves

get one made with the actual logo for the front. (if you don't have to display your regions plate on the front. On my old truck I had "dont laugh, its paid for" I got it for $10 at Canadian tire.

ROFL!!! I love that!!

As far as having something put on the front of my car, my state requires front and rear plates. DH hates that about our state, so on his precious Passat he never installed a front plate. He hated the thought of drilling holes in the front end. He has never been ticketed....

lovinwaves

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
VA is a really interesting state for personalized plates. We apparently have more personalized plates per capita than any other state. Up here in Northern VA, it seems as if 25-50% of plates are personalized. I have seen a few carseat/CPS plates, but not many.

I see a TON of the "Unlocking Autism" plates. Perhaps that is because I am a special ed teacher- I notice them in and among the teachers' and parents' cars. :)

LuvBug

our plates stink! You can pick from almost 100 antique passenger plates dating back to the first years of cars(this doesnt include the antique cars related plates), then you can get almost any race car driver's number plate, but all we have that is child related is an autism, choose life, I :heart: kids, and childhood cancer. Oh course those are nice, but a bigger selection of children related ones would be nicer. Though the I :heart: kids one is very cute.

skaterbabs

we'd have even more, but our current governor vetoed one a lot of people wanted (choose life.) What's sad is that the funds raised would have gone to help crises pregnancies.

As for the autism one, it's hitting close to home. We may be looking at a HFA dx for Gregory, in addition to auditory processing disorder, sequencing disorder and a host of other issues. The school says he qualifies according to their scales, we just need to the neuro for the insurance co.

I love the buckle up plates. irony being a few weeks ago I saw another plate with them - the driver was probably in his 50s. No seatbelt.:mad:

Simplysomething

I have this one on the Jeep with my CPST plates:
http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/exec/vehicle/splates/info.asp?idnm=TSP

I think when we renew the plates on the Suburban I'll get this one:
http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/exec/vehicle/splates/info.asp?idnm=ULATM

And have it personalized with the first personalized plates I ever had, way back in high school. lol We kept those until '02, IIRC.

One of my neighbors frequent visitors has the unlocking autism plates. We just have the butterfly plate, with a nearly incomprihensible personalized plate (which I won't post for privacy reasons).

Virginia, the land of the bazillion different plates. I don't know if I've seen the buckle up one. When I saw the suggestion of "BUKL-UP" I was thinking of the Kids First plates, only because they are colorful. They are trying to get a Mr. Peanut plate...for Suffolk. Because...yeah. I'd totally order the Mr. Peanut plate. lol

(One of my neighbors has the plate "DAYUM" which I'm pretty sure is a masked vulgarity. [Well, at least that's the way my oldest sibling says a certain word. lol])

As for BRITAX, I do doubt that most people would look it up, but you'd get all the carseat safety geeks to smile.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC