Wizard rf recline

mamamia

In the manual it says the seat should be in the reclined position when RFing. (FFing it can be reclined til 33 lbs then should be upright) I have it tethered RFing, but the tether has slack in it because otherwise I think the seat is too reclined (approaching a 45 degree angle) for my 17 month old. I would prefer (as would she) to be more upright. Is it ok to not have it in the reclined position when RF? I would call Britax but it just takes forever to get someone to answer the hone...I have tried twice already :)

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Well, the online manual says that the seat can be used in recline or full upright position for kids up to 33 lbs.; it doesn't specify rear-facing or forward-facing (pg. 26 under the Recline Adjustment heading). Of course, in the installation instructions, it does specify recline. Do you have the base sitting flat on the seat? I've been having a similar problem with my RA, but since moving the base flat on the seat (2000 Sienna captain's chair), it's a little better.

I've never had a problem getting through to Britax. I usually get around to calling them at about 11a-12noon Eastern time.

mamamia

My manual has that, but on page 10 under Installation: Rear Facing it says

"4. Fully recline the restraint and place it sideways on the vehicle seat..."

leading me to believe it must be in the recline position when RFing.

On page 16 under Installation: Forward Facing it says
"4. Place the restraint sideways on the vehicle with the back facing towards you. Restraint must be in full upright position when installed in forward facing mode with children over 33 lbs."

leading me to beleive recline is optional FF from 22 to 33 lbs.

The seat is flat, and it is installed with the lower anchors.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC