Another question :) Or maybe a million questions...

A

AlliShell

Another question :) Or maybe a million questions...

I just asked a question about the Roundabout and a Honda Accord. I have just been looking at the Marathon, as well. As I've read a few posts on here saying to make sure it'll fit in your car, etc. How do I do that without buying it? I think the Marathon may be too big for the Accord? I don't want it so the front seats have to be squished up to the dashboard, as that's not safe for whoever sits there, either. Anyone installed a Marathon in a sedan like that? I am getting really overwhelmed right now! I don't know which direction to go in. I went and tried my daughter out in the Roundabout today, it seemed to fit her fine, but honestly, most carseats seem to fit her fine, maybe I just don't have the eye to see if something is off? She is a big girl for her age, she's probably close to 18lbs, 26 inches, and is not even 4 months old yet. She didn't even look small in the Roundabout, she filled it out nicely already.I just want to get what's best for her. Which would you recommend, the Roundabout or the Marathon? How much longer would she last rear facing in a Roundabout? How many inches does that go to?
Sorry for all of the questions, you can probably tell I'm flustered :lol:
Thank you everyone!

ADS
C

Caviller

Re: Another question :) Or maybe a million questions...

Unfortunately, unless you can find another parent who has tried your exact combination and had it checked by a technician, there really isn't a 100% guarantee.

The "Compatibility" database linked under the top banner does not have many Marathon listings yet. There are plenty of Roundabout listings, though, and you might find some for your year of vehicle, or other years with the same design.

Some stores will let you take their display model to try with your baby and vehicle before you buy. It never hurts to ask!

Otherwise, just make sure you have 14 or 30 days to return it with no restocking fees. Then you can always have it checked by a technician during that time to make sure it fits OK.

At checkup events, we find that most carseats do fit well in most vehicles, but there are exceptions. I think both the seats you mention will be very safe if used and installed properly. If your daughter is tall for her age, the Marathon may last longer for rear-facing, which is safest.

Please no apologies for any questions on child passenger safety:) If you have any more or need a clarification, please ask again!

Darren

A

AlliShell

I don't know ANYONE with a Roundabout, and all of my friends think I am insane for thinking of paying so much for a carseat :lol: I'll pay $1000 if I think it'll make her more safe.

I am going to see if my Babies R Us has both models in and see if maybe they'll let me try them in my car. I'd like to at least see the Marathon before ordering it, to kind of eye it and see if I even think it'll fit in my Honda.

I plan on taking my carseat ASAP to a car seat checker, whichever one I get, I found one very close to my house through your site.

I'm sure you'll be seeing me again, I am full of questions. I made a little contribution....your site is great, thanks for being here!

D

DaveCS

We bought our Marathons at Babies R Us. They will let you take a seat out to the car to see if it fits. Check at the customer service counter on the way in. They will want your license when you take the seat(s) out to the car. I don't think that you will have a problem with the Mrathon, but try it first. An Accord is not a compact car to those of us in the automotive industry. It may have as much rear seat room as our Malbu. The exterior dimensions of the car are deceiving. Make sure the seat is fully reclined, and approximate a 45 degree angle for the back of the seat, I used a bullet level with a 45 degree measurement on it. I purchased it at the local home store.

Don't take my previous comments about the seat being big to mean that it won't fit. I was a bit overwhelmed when I first saw it, but I had no problem with making it fit in the cars.

T

Thia327

My daughter outgrew her infant seat at around 4 months - she was 26 inches but only 16 lbs.
I looked around and decieded to get the Roundabout - I didn't but it because it cost $200 - I got it because it was the best seat for her and would keep her the safest -
If you do the numbers - If you use the carseat for 3 years - it would cost less than a 2 dollars a week for it - it's a small price to pay.
We recently used the carseat on an airplane - and it worked out great - no problems

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC