Graco TurboBooster models

U

Unregistered

Help! I'm confused. Target has a Graco TurboBooster (8495STO) on sale for $40. I gather there are a few different models, but I'm not certain what all the differences might be. The 8493RSW (Roswell) appears to be the same as the 8495STO, except color. Then there's 8496 FCL (Lacrosse) and 8498ASH (Asher), which seem to be the same as the above 2 except that they have padded arm rests. I've seen another model in Target (has a reversible cover) that's even more expensive (about $70)

Can somebody give me some ideas as to which is the better or preferred model? I would hate to by the wrong one and find out that it's missing something that enhances the safety of the seat. Is the advertised seat a good deal?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
They are all exactly the same, safety-wise, so no need to worry about that :)
The difference is in the amount of padding. The one on sale at Target (I think it's called Storm?) is like the Roswell and Burgundy, ie, the least padded of all. The blue and black Lacrosse is the most padded (I saw it for $54 at Sears last week).

That said, most kids are perfectly happy with less padding...I've heard of one or 2 complain about underpadded seats, but mostly I think they really don't notice or care...or they KNOW one seat is more padded, but they like the color or design of another one more, and are willing to sacrifice padding for style :)

Anyway, any of them would be a perfectly safe choice if they fit your child (the lower limit is 3 and 30 pounds, but it is far preferable to keep kids harnessed to 40 pounds and at least 4 if possible).

U

Unregistered

My 5 year old, 41 lb son (who is very tall, I can't remember what he is now, but he's 95 percentile) is currently in a FPGWM. He's got the seat back raised as far as it can go. I don't like how the seat belt is positioned on him. Also, if he falls asleep his head usually rolls forward (and all I can think is "Ouch" what a stiff neck he is going to have). I think the TurboBooster has a little more wing. Plus my son likes the built in cup holders. I've heard some good reviews and recommendations about this seat, so I wanted tomake sure I got the right one.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Cool :) Yeah, it's great for sleep support....I had a no-back booster at grandma's house, but we ended up spending SO much time in the car when we went to visit, that I bought a Turbo for my ds, just so he'd have a comfy way to sleep!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC