New Cosco Alpha Omega seat (?)

U

Unregistered

Greetings one and all,

My wife and I are looking to buy a new carseat for my car. I am still using the infant carrier while my wife has a Cosco Alpha Omega in her vehicle. We went to Babies 'R' Us with the intention of getting a similar seat for my vehicle and right next to the standard Alpha Omega was a new seat from Cosco, the Alpha Omega Elite. It was $10 more than the one my wife has. Further on down there was also an Eddie Bauer version of the same seat for $30 or $40 more.

I can find nothing at all about this seat anywhere. Cosco hasn't updated their site yet. (I did email them about it and plan to call tomorrow) All three of the Babies 'R' Us in our area were out of the seat and I can't seem to find it anywhere else. Does anyone know anyhing about this new model?

From what I can remember it seemed like a combination of the original Alpha Omega and their Commuter High Back Boooster or perhaps the Eddie Bauer Deluxe High Back Booster. In any event I think it had arm rests you could put up and down and it had a cup holder on the side. The thing that really got me interested is in the strap release. I find that trying to tighten and loosen the harness in my wife's A O is a bit of a pain right now since it is still rear facing. That big clunky cam design just annoys me. This new model had the same type of release that the Graco SnugRide I use has. (The little lever in the hole that you press down on to) Anyway, anything anyone can add will be greatly appreciated.

ADS
U

Unregistered

I called them today and spoke with someone in customer support. She informed me that they are in the process of updating the website with the new information and that the seat has only been on the market for a week or two. It is on sale at Babies 'R' Us and Toys 'R' Us only.

U

Unregistered

I had just bought 2 Alpha Omega car seats at ToysRUs because we have twins and ToysRUs had a coupon for 15% off car seats. When I saw the new Cosco Omega at BabiesRUs, I did some quick checking (including finding this posting) and decided I wanted the newer one. Because ToysRUs didn't have one yet, I went to BabiesRUs to see if they would allow us to exchange the original Cosco Omega for the newer one AND honor the 15% off coupon from ToysRUs. They GLADLY did this and also gave us an additional 10% off with their "twins discount"! I applaude BabiesRUs for their great customer service.

I have not yet installed the car set but there are some very good looking features in it including:
- Booster can now handle up to 100 lbs. (previously 80)
- Back support can be raised/lower using easier to use front levers (previously these were in the back)
- Arm rests that can be moved up out of the way (although not very easily)
- Slightly better padding in the seat
- Different design (i.e. wider) of the seat belt positioning slots in the booster.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I've considered looking at the Alpha Omega Elite as an option to keep my 4 yo dd Rearfacing even longer. It is about 2 inches above her head now, and the in the old AO, she's about at the top. Right now she's in a Marathon, and I hate to give up the superb quality of that seat, but since Cosco allows RF to 35 pounds compared to Britaxes 33, if she doesn't get too much taller before she gains a couple pounds, I think I might get an AOE for her for those last 2 pounds :)
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL....NO! ;) (although....my dd is SO skinny, I wouldn't be surprised if she outgrows the height limit on the MA before she hits 40 pounds, and she could probably be in an Ultra Cargo just fine (same top slot heights....) )....hmmm...I'll think about it ;)

mamamia

My DD just turned 3 she is 39 inches and 32 lbs-yup-she could be rearfacing in the MA and the new AO. She's been FF since 1 year and 22 lbs because I didn't knwo any better. At least I learned, and my 15.5 month old 34 in, 22 lb DD is still RF in the RA...I got my TRU coupons yesterday, and will be picking up my 2 MA sometime this month.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC