car seat installation

S

STEVE BOWLAND

Hello, My name is Steve Bowland. As a father, I would like to ask a question of some fellow parents. If you were told that there was a way for a 95lb grandmother to install a car seat tighter than a certified installation technician, would you want to know if it were true? It is true. The 95lb Grandmother I am speaking of is my mom. I have developed a REMOVABLE tool that is 100% adjustable and works with ALL CAR SEATS IN ANY VEHICLE WITH SEAT BELTS. I spent the good part of a month installing car seats at the scrap yard and car lots. Over 1000 installations with the same tool. I am proud to say that 'Sit-Tight' is ready and available now. 'Sit Tight' provides the force to compress a car seat and hold it while you attach seat belt or l.a.t.c.h hooks. Slowly releasing the tension allows the vehicles seat belt to catch the car seat while fully locked. This eliminates independent car seat movement altogether. There are some cases where the compatibility of car and car seat become an issue. Not many though. Love your child, at least check it out. What can it hurt? It will help, I guarantee it. www.sit-tight.com thanks, Steve B

ADS

Tamie

Senior Community Member
Unfortunately, tightness isn't the only criteria for a proper fit. And excessive force is not needed for a proper installation, which is achieved when there is one inch or less of movement any direction when the seat is tested by pulling at the belt path.

I also believe certified child passenger safety technicians provide a great deal more knowledge and usefulness than a tightening device. In fact, I'd guarantee it. :p

Tamie, mom to three (2 still in seats) and certified child passenger safety technician with a mean pair of knees that do the trick nicely ...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I curious what this thing attaches too?

Intriguing, anyway. :)

Oh, just so you know, there are NO carseats that allow a rolled towel in the front facing position, and since you only show seats that can only be forward-facing, some people might be mislead into thinking that forward facing Cosco seats allow the use of a towel. Rolled towels can only be used with rearfacing infant seats and rearfacing convertibles, and then only to help achieve the proper angle of recline (not more than 45 degrees).

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Suggestion for marketing-

Welcome to our forums!

If you are looking for good word-of-mouth advertising, I have a few suggestions. The first one is not to market your product as a replacement for a technician's inspection. Based on the experience of another entrepreneur at various online forums, I can guarantee the one thing you don't want to do is insult the certified technicians that use online forums. They can generate a lot of positive (or negative) publicity. The second is to consider taking the NHTSA 4-day class to become a technician yourself, if you are not already. The last one is to bring your product for review to a nationally recognized conference, like this one:

http://www.lifesaversconference.org

It sounds like you may have a great product. I hope to see a demonstration if you are able to show it at Lifesavers!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC