toyota dealer problem

M

mdsvc89

toyota dealer problem

A friend of mine was told by her Toyota dealer that they can't install a tether anchor in her car -- something about it not being tether ready. It's a mid-90s model.

I thought all cars after 1989 were tetherable. Any advice? Are there any regulations/laws she can point to in order to get Toyota to comply?

Thanks.

ADS
C

Caviller

Tether info

Canada law went into effect in (or around) 1989. For that reason, most cars sold in the USA also had standard tether anchor locations starting around the same time. The USA law requiring tether anchors did not go into effect until 9/1999, and even then some types of vehicles were exempt.

Toyota does have a number of early and mid-90's models that have no standard factory locations for a tether anchor. If you post the exact year and model, I can at least verify that the dealer is correct.

H

habumal

Toyota Camry teather

Hi,

I have 1997 Toyota Camry Sedan LE model. I asked the dealer to install the tether anchor, but he said they do not carry the kit.

What can I do to use the child restraint kit on my car??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ana Ibarra
Los Angeles, CA

C

Caviller

I would try another dealer or call Toyota (more)

The part number for many Toyota vehicles is 73709-12010. Your owner's manual may have a different part number listed. If so, please use that part number. It should be about $10 for the parts only. You might be able to install it yourself. I am not familiar with the Camry, but many installations are fairly simple.

Another dealer might be more familiar with tethers and installation, or you can try Toyota at 1-888-869-6828.

H

habumal

Toyota Camry tether!!

Thank you so much, I went today to the car dealer and gave the part # you gave me and they are going to order it for me.

Thanks Again :))

Ana Ibarra

Los Angeles, CA

C

Caviller

Glad to be of service

Did they verify the part number? If it was incorrect, I would like to update my information. Thanks!

I

ianmacd66

Camry Tether Anchor Part Number

Hi,

I just saw your post and wanted to let you know the part number of the tether anchor I got from my local Toyota dealer.

There were two parts:
Bracket Set, Tether Part# 73708-33021
Cover, Child Part# 73717-5001-E2 (This is a plastic anchor cover colored to match the interior of my car. In my case brown.)

These parts were for my 1997 Toyota Camry LE although they are supposed to fit models up to including the 2000 year.

Regards,

-- Ian

P

Pius

any parts number for 2001 Toyota Highlander SUV

I saw your posting for latch systems on Camry. Anyone
knows the latch system for 2001 Toyota Highlander
SUV?

Pius

C

Caviller

It should be standard in your vehicle-

The Highlander was new for 2001, and should already have two sets of lower anchors in the rear outboard seating positions according to my information. Those two positions also have factory installed top-tethers. I do not show that the center position can be used with LATCH.

If possible, please double check your owner's manual for the section on child restraints. It should help you locate the attachments and give advice on proper usage.

Darren

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC