Vehicles with LATCH in the center back seat position

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I went through the LATCH and tether manual from Safe Ride News Publications and found the vehicles that have LATCH available in the center seating postion of the back seat. It is always a good idea to verify LATCH positions in your vehicle manual.

Buick
Century MY 02-03
LeSabre MY 02-03
Park Avenue MY 03
Regal MY 03

Cadillac
DeVille MY 02-03 (all 3 sets of rear LATCH anchors may be used at the same time)
Escalade EXT MY 03
Seville MY 03

Chevrolet
Avalanche MY 03
Impala MY 02-03 (all 3 sets of rear LATCH anchors may be used at the same time)
Monte Carlo MY 02-03 (all 3 sets of rear LATCH anchors may be used at the same time)
Silverado Extended cab MY 01-03
Silverado Crew cab late MY 02, 03
Suburban 2nd row bench seat MY 03
Tahoe 2nd row bench seat MY 02-03

Chrysler
300M MY 02-03
Concorde MY 02-03
PT Cruiser MY 01-03
Sebring MY 01-03

Dodge
Intrepid MY 02-03
Neon MY 02-03
Stratus MY 01-03

Ford
Focus MY 00-03 (no dedicated center LATCH anchors, but can use the inside anchors of the outboard seating positions if the child restraint instructions allow)
Taurus sedan and wagon MY 01-03
Sable wagon MY 01-03
F150 Extended (“Super”) cab MY 03
Econoline E150-350 center 2nd row, center 3rd row MY 03
Expedition MY 03
Windstar MY 00-03 (for 3rd row bench: no dedicated center LATCH anchors, but can use the inside anchors of the outboard seating positions if the child restraint instructions allow)

GMC
Sierra 1500, 2500 Extended cab MY 01-03
Sierra Crew cab MY late 02, 03
Yukon, Yukon Denali 40/60 seat MY 03

Lexus
LX 470 MY 01-03

Lincoln
Navigator MY 03

Oldsmobile
Aurora MY 02-03 (all 3 sets of rear LATCH anchors may be used at the same time)

Pontiac
Bonneville MY 02-03 (all 3 sets of rear LATCH anchors may be used at the same time)
Grand Prix MY 03 (all 3 sets of rear LATCH anchors may be used at the same time)

Saturn
Ion MY 03 (all 3 sets of rear LATCH anchors may be used at the same time)
L series sedan and wagon MY 02-03 (all 3 sets of rear LATCH anchors may be used at the same time)
Vue MY 02-03 (all 3 sets of rear LATCH anchors may be used at the same time)

Toyota
Land Cruiser MY 01-03
Sequoia MY 02-03
Sienna 3rd row bench (LATCH only available on outboard passenger side and center position) MY 04

ADS
U

Unregistered

2004 Nissan Armada

Do you know about the possibility of using both the inner LATCH anchors from the outboard positions to install in the rear center of a 2004 Armada? I really want the seat in the middle and the lap/shoulder belt causes it to tilt upward on one side when I get it tight enough. (Installing a Graco Snugride base) I have been trying to contact the manufactuer but they are always closed by the time I get off work. The owner's manual doesn't address this either way. I would appreciate any help!!!
Thanks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC