any color safer than another?

U

Unregistered

is there any evidence to suggest that one color of car may be safer or less safe than other colors? we are considering red for visibility, but does it matter?

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
For visibility-

Choose bright yellow, lime green or anything in between. Those colors are easiest to see in low light, and also the reason many ambulances and fire trucks are switching to those colors. Unfortunately, its not easy to find family cars in those colors...

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I had a red car and people never saw me :(. Granted, it was a little Honda Civic hatchback, but I was always so amazed when people would pull out right in front of me as if I wasn't there.

U

Unregistered

the sienna doesn't come in those colors- what next? they have the standard colrs: white, dark, red, light blue, tan, silver, goldish-

Robert

CPST Instructor
If you live in an area where you have snow. then you want to stay away from white.

Heather, with your red car did it have day light running lights?
Robert

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Nope, it was an '89. Hehe, I learned my lesson about turning on the lights during the day and forgetting about them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC