best Britax convertible for infants?

M

MovingMomma

Out of the Roundabout, Marathon, & Decathlon, do any have lower shoulder slots? My older daughter was barely tall enough for the lowest slots on the Marathon when we put her in it around 9 months. We have a new baby now & I'm looking for a seat to replace older DD's handed down SnugRide.

ADS

lovinwaves

I have a Roundabout, and 3 Marathons and love them all!!! Just keep in mind though as Jenny said the Roundabout only goes to 40 lbs. The Decathlon is more expensive than the Marathon, but you can find them on sale all the time online plus you don't pay shipping or tax!! You tend to get more cover options with the Marathons.

skaterbabs

The Roundabour has the lowest top slots, however Joyjoy did not fit into hers until 4-5 months old, the bottom slots were still above her shoulders until then.

LuvBug

Id say the boulevard. it has the infant insert like the decathlon but it also has the added side impact protection as well as the easier to install latch and FF lockoffs like the marathon. the decathlon has a different lockoff and latch that I have heard many complaints on.

the bottom most slots of any seat should never be more than an inch above the shoulders. since rearfacing the slots should be at or below it is ideal to go with a seat with nice low bottom slots. the britax have the highest of the low bottoms slots so they are not ideal for baby. I believe with the infant insert the slots are a little better but I would still go with an infant seat at first because they do provide more protection.

LuvBug

oops I see you said you have a new baby and not a new baby to be so if when you try it baby fits then Id still go with the boulevard. I love the extra side impact protection.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC