CPST classes

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
My SIL and i trading cars the week of her CPST classes (next week) as i'm going to be watching her son most of the day and all the kids wont fit in my car or DF's car but i'm nervous about ppl installing seats in my car. Does anyone know if you can request that your car not be one chosen for installs? My leather is starting to crack in 2 spots and one of the seat belts was cut over the week end (I have a replacement on the way) so i really dont want to have tech installing seats in it as that may cause the leather to officially break (at this point its still repairable but if it were to split it wouldnt be). if it does end up using it as a practice car, is it ridiculous to put a small sign in it explaining that it is a rare classic car that i'm restoring and would like them to be careful in and around? :rolleyes: (call it my hormones but i'm going nuts about the car being damaged anymore) I was planing on getting her a rental for the week but as i had to buy all new seats Monday i dont have the money. (My car seats were stolen!!!! Right in the hospital parking garage!)

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I don't think that is ridiculous at all (to ask them to not use your car as a practice car). There are obvious reasons to not use your car. I'm sure there will be plenty of other cars they can use to practice.

Your carseats were stolen from your car!?!?! Oh my gosh!!! I am so sorry! What a violation!

Congrats on the twins! :) :)

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Opp, i forgot her question, if she has a seat in the car can it be left there if they do practice with the car? My car requires locking clips and she's not very good at it (i guess she'll have to learn!) so my tech friend will do it before the class begins and we werent planning on removing the seat she she can drive it all week instead of switching seats nightly.

Yup stolen in a gated parking garage which has a full staff of security guards with cameras that they are supposed to watch. The tapes show the whole damn thing, i've seen them and the theft isnt even the most violating thing he did to my poor car.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Wow that's terrible about your car and seats. But we want to hear about your twins! How are they doing and how are you feeling? You just snuck in here with your new siggy and didn't say boo about the babies, lol. Do tell!! :D

B

bucket2

Week old twins and you're posting here?!? My cousin has twins that are now two, but when they first came home, it was exhausting - they were 6 weeks early, so there were itty bitty feeds every two hours. . .

BTW - congrats, and I'm expecting pictures soon.

Bummer about your car and seats. Can the video help ID the person (and NAIL 'em)? Will insurance help?

I'm pretty sure you can request your car not be used. However, if it has some unique seat belt configuration (ie switchable latchplate), the instructors might want to at least let the students look at them. They usually want to know what type of seat belt everyone has so students get the hands on for each (switchable, ELR, lap belt, locking latch plate, tether, LATCH) etc.

Mattypies

Sorry but

what happened to this van!

Quoted directly:

"I got the new van tonight. I ended up getting the 2006 Sienna LE. Its the 8 seater with 5 seats of latch/tethers. I really like to look of the odyssey better but the number of tethers really pushed me to the sienna. I can have all 4 of my kids FFing (in a few years!) and have my nephew along FFing and not have to decide who's seat is safest untethered or worrying that one of the kids isnt as safe as the rest.

I bought a blue one, since red was hard to find with the packages i wanted and more expensive. This one has a few things i could do without (DVD player and wireless headsets mainly) but they had it ready to ship and since we may do some traveling in it, it might be nice for them once they get cranky. There's only 1 monitor that flips into the ceiling so the kids dont know about it yet. I think if i ever do travel across country in it i will have a second monitor installed in the back facing the front for my RFing kids. The sales guy thought i was nuts when i mentioned it and told me "oh when they face the back they are too short to see the tv. If you want them to watch tv on trips you can just turn their car seats around." He tried to show me how ryan would be captivated by the tv but she cried the minute he touched her seat. She was in an INFANT carrier! Moron! I corrected him rather firmly and he knocked a thousand dollars off the price! (i was meaner than i meant to be and felt bad but my stress level was already high and then he added to it by making the baby cry and she isnt easy to calm down b/c she's used to comfort nursing.) My seats all install really nicely in it and its very comfortable in my opinion. I can sit in the back with the kids and let DF drive without feeling like i'm a mile away or squished.

I cant wait till its really full of all of my kids. I drove it home with both kids in their seats and the infant carriers and a scenera and an extra marathon all strapped in. It was so cool to look behind me and see all the seats and my girls both asleep. I'm sure one day i'll wich i had my subaru back with her sleek lines and amazing power but today the mom thing is just as awesome. (I get my svx back on monday! I cant wait. Its been MONTHS since i drove MY car. I'm going to enjoy my last few trips in it before she becomes my friday car.)"

So, you had 3 seats installed in your car that I believe only has 2 seats in back to bring home your twins and Ryan when you have a beautiful van. I am confused, why do you need to switch cars?

If you need help with configuration in your van just let us know. Congrats on the babies.

Heather

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
I am confuse too, why would you be planning on driving yourself and the twins and Ryan home from the hospital? What are you going to drive while you have all 4 of the kids for the week? How many places do you plan on going with twin newborns and two one year olds? Didn't you have to have a c/s too because of something that is wrong with you? You said before you were going to have to have one. If you did then you would know there is no way you could be alone with 4 kids, and you can not drive for at least 2 weeks. Nevermind getting rear facing kids in and out of the back seat of a tiny car.

Way too many holes in your story and with as many times as you said you would post pictures, you have never posted any pictures of your cars, car seats or kids. But you can easily post pictures of other car seats that you took pictures of at BRU so we know you have a camera and can take pictures but for some reason you can never post a picture that shows any proof that your stories are true.

Rachel

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
rachel3612 said:
I am confuse too, why would you be planning on driving yourself and the twins and Ryan home from the hospital? What are you going to drive while you have all 4 of the kids for the week? How many places do you plan on going with twin newborns and two one year olds? Didn't you have to have a c/s too because of something that is wrong with you? You said before you were going to have to have one. If you did then you would know there is no way you could be alone with 4 kids, and you can not drive for at least 2 weeks. Nevermind getting rear facing kids in and out of the back seat of a tiny car.

Way too many holes in your story and with as many times as you said you would post pictures, you have never posted any pictures of your cars, car seats or kids. But you can easily post pictures of other car seats that you took pictures of at BRU so we know you have a camera and can take pictures but for some reason you can never post a picture that shows any proof that your stories are true.

Rachel

+1

/filler
/filler

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC