HELP with installation!

L

Lillian

OK, I am trying to figure out how to install this Britax Marathon in my Honda Accord. The anchors that I have to get are at the top (meaning it tethers to the rear of the car, instead of down by the floor). Anyway, I have looked at pictures of this installed and I am sitting here wondering how in the world will I get my child out of the car seat?? The tethers are right in the way of where I pull her out! I would have to lift her above the tethers and hit her head on the ceiling or pull her in between it and the car seat, which would seem to be impossible! Can I figure out a way to tether to the floor1?!? Ahhhh, this doesnt look good! I may have to find a seat that doesnt tether!

Lillian

ADS
L

Lillian

Oh by the way, this will be installed rear facing in my 99 Honda Accord 4 door.

Lillian

U

Unregistered

when tethering RF you will attach the D-ring to a non moving part of the vehicle-like the leg the front vehicle seats are mounted to.. then the tether attached to the seat will hook onto the metal d ring.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The pictures you're looking at sound like the Australian method of tethering. Here's a great page with pictures and ideas for both.

Britax has since stopped saying that they encourage the Australian method of tethering. They only recommend now the Swedish method.

In my car my daughter's seat is RFing in the middle and I have her tethered with the D ring to the inside passenger seat leg. We've always used the D ring, except for the first car she was in as a baby which was a Volvo and we were spoiled with installed RFing tethers (and again a couple of weeks ago when I installed her RFing in their car. Love the Swedish cars!).

Wendy

Kellyr2

Yeah, your tether anchors in your car are there for when you're doing a FF install. I always thought the Aussie style tethering (how you did it) looked hard to deal with, too!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC