I Have 2 Problems...

PKUmom

Oh My First Of All My Sil Is Due This Nov. And She Called And Told Me What Great Deal She Got On A Carseat For The Baby...i Asked Her What The Date Was On It And She Said It Didnt Have One:( Then I Asked Her How It Fit In Her Car She Said The Only Way It Fits Is With A Seat Belt Around The Handle That You Carry It With..ahhhhh That Is So Unsafe And I Told Her That She Said It Didnt Come With A Base, Now I Wonder That Has To Be A Old Seat....so I Am Thinking Maybe Giving Her Our Old One Or Buying A New One For Them Any Ideas?

2nd My Friend Just Sent Me A Pic Of Her Son In A Booster With A 5 Point But He Is Ff ...he Is Only Like Maybe At The Most 10 Months Old... Any Ideas There , She Told Me That His Sit Only Goes Ff And His Baby Seat Is To Small For Him...
Oh My I Think People Need To Think Again On How They Are Traving With There Kids This Scares Me, People Have No Idea!!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
PKUmom said:
Oh My First Of All My Sil Is Due This Nov. And She Called And Told Me What Great Deal She Got On A Carseat For The Baby...i Asked Her What The Date Was On It And She Said It Didnt Have One:( Then I Asked Her How It Fit In Her Car She Said The Only Way It Fits Is With A Seat Belt Around The Handle That You Carry It With..ahhhhh That Is So Unsafe And I Told Her That She Said It Didnt Come With A Base, Now I Wonder That Has To Be A Old Seat....so I Am Thinking Maybe Giving Her Our Old One Or Buying A New One For Them Any Ideas?

2nd My Friend Just Sent Me A Pic Of Her Son In A Booster With A 5 Point But He Is Ff ...he Is Only Like Maybe At The Most 10 Months Old... Any Ideas There , She Told Me That His Sit Only Goes Ff And His Baby Seat Is To Small For Him...
Oh My I Think People Need To Think Again On How They Are Traving With There Kids This Scares Me, People Have No Idea!!

I would probably ask your SIL if you can buy the baby their carseat, since that one seems unsafe, as your gift for the baby. I'd check out a Cosco Scenera, it's a convertible seat with low RFing slots, so it can fit an infant, and it has the the highest RFing limit of seats in the US, 35 pounds. It FF to 40 pounds. And it's only $40.

As for the second issue, you need to tell your friend that her son is too young to FF (and send her to http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/stayrearfacing.aspx) and that he needs a convertible seat, not the combination seat he's in now. She can save that for a couple of years until he's old enough for it. Again, the Scenera is an affordable alternative to what she'll likely see as a stopgap measure. He needs to go RFing again, and when he hits 35 pounds or is over the height limit of the seat he can go FF in his harnessed combo, then at 40 pounds go to the booster mode. Or she can keep him in his Scenera until 40 pounds and then use the combo as a booster for the rest of its lifespan.

HTH

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC