Thanks!

J

Jessica

Thanks!

I finally had my appointment with a CPS tech yesterday to check the car seats, since I've gotten a few new ones over the past few months.

Everything was great, and he said my RA installation was terrific. The seesaw trick works like a charm!

The only thing suggested was that my three year old in a Futura with a tray needed a different seat. She wears glasses, and he was uncomfortable with her in that seat for that reason.

So we went today and got a Britax Super Elite (not the Husky, b/c we didn't need LATCH), and it's a winner. I have to say, though, it is a huge seat. i think she could sit in it until she leaves for college!

We sat my 36 lb., 36 inch daughter in a Marathon, and she barely fit into it. The salesman said she maybe had two inches of torso growth left in it. He said that's the big rub with Marathons- the guidlines say a bigger kid can be in them, but when it comes right down to it, they just are too squished. As it was, at 36 inches, her head was just about to the top of the seat, yet according to the manual, she still had 13 inches of height left in that....

Anyways- just thought I'd share, and say thank you for all of your help. I really feel like everyone's in the right seat for their age. heights, and weights now!

Jessica

ADS
C

Caviller

Great, glad to help!

Personally, I would not be too concerned about using the tray shield Futura for an older toddler as long as they are within the weight and height limits.

Glasses or not, newborns and infants are not recommended to be in overhead shield carseats. Your 3-year old should be just fine in the Futura, which also happens to have a tray much lower than other overhead shield seats.

The Super Elite, of course, is also a good choice for your situation:)

Darren

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC