Britax King need info on seat

Lilsid

My Brother gave me his daughters Britax King car seat as an extra for me to have around. Does any one know anything about this seat? Its so heavy and forward facing only 20-40#'s. It has a very unique way of installing, it flips up to route the belt, then clicks back down when in place.

I installed it and was playing with the seat for interest only and it was the fastest seat? I have ever installed and so tight when I was done.

Of course I trust my brother and the seat was never misused in any way, it came with the manual and it’s a 2002.

I just dont know if this is a good seat or anything about them. My DD is 18 months and still RF but Its nice to have an extra seat for who knows what.

Here are some pictures of the seat and it installed in my car.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cllistingaz/album?.dir=/9232&.src=ph

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
The Britax King was sold in the US 2000-2002. It is a very nice seat, but the weight range was very limited for the price, so it didn't sell well here.

nisi

Senior Community Member
I have had a chance to install one and it's a very nice seat. As long as you trust your brother on the history, there's no reason not to use it. Just be aware of the 6yr lifespan. And, like you mentioned, the installation is VERY unusual so make sure you read the manual carefully. Enjoy!

skipspin

I've never seen one of these IRL, but it reminds me of the new Safeseat2. Not a great deal for the weight range, FF only and a big base that goes up the back of the seat. This one does LOOK a lot nicer and more padded, though.
-Joy mommy and CPS tech

U

Unregistered

I have one and love it! In fact, we usually travel with it (weight and all) because it is so easy to install on airplanes and strange cars. So far, I've easily been able to get a tight install in every car. And I love the recline without reinstall feature. My tall and skinny dd did outgrow it very early be height, so it had a rather short lifespan for her. My son is using it now, but I suspect he'll outgrow it in the next year. In the meanwhile, I love this seat!

U

Unregistered

I am about to give mine away and I am having a hard time Paring with it.

It is a wonderful seat. We've used it mostly as a spare and it is the easiest seat to install, hands down.

As others were saying, because of the weight guidlines (20-40 lbs) and it's high price, there just wasn't the market for it in the United States. It can't be used rear facing and kids are hitting 40 lb. so young anymore.... We basically bought ours as a stop-gap, kid #2 needed the Roundabout, kid #1 was only about 30 lb. and Britax hadn't released the Husky yet.

They also stopped manufacturing the King when LATCH regulations went into effect and therein lies the only drawback as far I can see- you can no longer get replacement parts if needed.

But for free from a trusted source - wow, consider yourself lucky and enjoy it. :)

melaniev

this concept is so different and sounds far superior to the back-breaking work required to tightly and properly install what we accept as standard seats, that I'm wondering why no one has come up with a higher weight limit version of this (or something similar)?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC